Is it possible to diet without cutting carbs?

odd_socks

Long Term WTT
Reaction score
Hi all. I wanted some advice, I have been told that i have underactive thyroid and im struggling losing weight on calorie controlled diet and exercise alone, I've been told to cut out carbs but potatos, rice and bread have been my main diet whilst dieting and if i cut them out it doesnt leave me much. Help? :thumbup:

I pretty much live on pasta and potatoes and I'm losing weight. I count calories and just make sure I don't go over a certain amount a day. I lost 28 lbs early last year by eating mostly pasta as it's low calorie but so filling

Yes! Your body needs carbs for energy.
Who has told you to cut them out? Obviously, if it was your GP, your probably best following their advice, but I really hate 'carb bashing!' Ha ha.
Good luck with your goals xx

Absolutely. But you need to work on portion control and don't have carbs at every meal. Do you eat meat? You could try cereal for breakfast, fish/chicken and salad for lunch then pasta/ potatoes for dinner. This is what I'm trying atm as I'm normally a carb monster. I actually feel healthier in myself not having as many carbs. I've totally cut out bread too. Xx

Thank you for the advice, I do eat chicken and turkey. It was a friend who said cut carbs out completely but as i said its most of my diet atm but i will try cut them back but not out completely :)

No way would I be able to cut carbs completely (I lost 105 pounds with just watching what I ate portion wise and point wise--used Weight watchers).

I would cut them back and try to bulk out your meals with fruits and veggies and lean proteins

Carbs are fine, they just need to be the right kind! If you eat bread or pasta, make sure it's whole wheat/whole grain, and only brown rice. Quinoa is great too. Limit your fruit intake as sugar is still sugar. I do notice that when I'm on a mostly vegan nutrition plan, I seem less bloated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->