Is it possible to get pregnant using condoms?

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
I had the implant removed in May, ready for ttc in December. During my fertile period this month, we were using condoms and I didn't notice that they split etc.
I'm now 5 dpo and I'm having terrible period type cramps, which I remember having when I was pregnant with my LO. I know its early to start worrying.. But I assumed that I would be fine using condoms. Has anyone heard of anyone getting pregnant whilst using condoms?

If they split they can't count as protection - they are 95-98% reliable when used correctly, but if they split? That's a much lower percentage chance.

I'd recommend waiting til AF is due and testing lovely x

there is only a very percentage that u are so dont worry hun x

I got pregnant using a condom. It didn't break or slip or anything, it just must have failed. My goodness was I surprised when CD40 arrived with no AF, lol! I hope that this turns out the way that you want it to :hug:

Yep a friend of mine has just found out she is pregnant while using condoms, when she went to health clinic they said they don't advise condoms as a form of contraceptive there only to stop sti's :/ xx

Yep a friend of mine has just found out she is pregnant while using condoms, when she went to health clinic they said they don't advise condoms as a form of contraceptive there only to stop sti's :/ xx

:huh::huh:
That doesn't make sense. Viruses are smaller than sperm so, if sperm can get through, so can viruses. Is she sure she got that quite right? Yikes.

I said the same 2 her and she said the same to the woman she seen :/ xx

Condoms are 98% effective against pregnancy when used correctly.

But a lot of things can go wrong. They need to fit, you always need to ensure the air is rolled out while applying, no sharp nails, only use it once, keep a grip on the base until safe removal. A few others I think too.

They are still the most effective against STIs

Condoms are 98% effective against pregnancy when used correctly.

But a lot of things can go wrong. They need to fit, you always need to ensure the air is rolled out while applying, no sharp nails, only use it once, keep a grip on the base until safe removal. A few others I think too.

They are still the most effective against STIs

i agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"