Is it safe to take Driving lessons?

CrystalBell

Reaction score
Hiya,

I've only just discovered that I'm about 5 weeks preggers. I really need to drive if I want to make my appointments over the next few months as public transport around here consists of buses that regularly have police onboard because of violence and gang fights. I can tolerate this now but not when I'm showing as it'll be too dangerous in all honesty. Soooo....I need to know how safe is it to take lessons at this stage and up to how many months will I be allowed by the DSA to sit my practical?

Any advice will be warmly received.
Thnx

xx

i drove all through pregnancy. so there is no problem with lessons i would have thought, but it might be good to let your instructor know.

You'll be fine taking driving lessons, as long as your not suffering from sickness and spewing on your instructor all the time then I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just be careful not to get too stressed if you do, because it will make you feel ill. And arrange all your lessons at a time in the day where you are feeling your best. First thing in the morning may not be a good idea if you suffer from nausea. Goodluck xx

just thought id say. i was learning drive and i didnt know i was pregnant it was fine, just had to take days off when i had bad morning sickness even though at the time didnt know was morning sickness lol! did my test 3months pregnant.
im still driving up to now.

You will be fine chick. I wasnt learning to drive when i fell pg but i have driven right the way through my pregnancy. Often travelling back and forth the counrty to see family.

Im still driving now at almost 42 weeks and if i dont need a C section im not planning on being out the drivers seat too long if its not uncomfortable as my OH cannot drive. x

you'll be fine..just dont crash!!! (That was a joke, dont let me stress you out!!)

There is absolutely no reason at all you cannot drive........

I drive loads and love it I always have, but during my first pregnancy I had a real fear of it and couldn't drive for love nor money, very strange, I was fine in my 2nd tho! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->