Is it safe to travel at 30 weeks?

AmyMarie

mum of 1 + 1 on the way
Reaction score
Hi girls,

just wondering how safe is it to travel aprox 5 hours in flight at around 30 weeks?
I want to book my tickets now but i dont know if i will be able to fly :nope:
Im planning to travel to get married civily befoire baby comes :wedding: and cant do it before january with all the hospital appointments and pressies for the family as xmas is nearly here :happydance:
If anyone can help out it would be great,

Thankssss
:dust:
:hug:

Sorry I dont have a great deal of avdice, but didnt wanna read and run. I know some airline companys can be abit funny about pregnant woman, so my only advice for u is to check with the airline company to make sure they will let u on the flight, and secondly speak to ur doctor and ask if he/she thinks its safe enough for u and LO. U will probably need a medical certificate from the doctor to give to airline company stating that they also allow u to fly. x

I'm not sure many airlines would let you fly. You'd have to check before booking. The cut off time is usually 28 weeks!

:hugs:

Thanks for that, cause im totally at a loss,
i have heard of so many ppl traveling but im not sure, im so afraid of complications that may arise from flying :S

Def speak to ur doctor hun, they will advice u on whether its safe or not. U dont wanna risk anything with LO so they are def best people to speak to x

The reason that some airlines don't like women over 29 weeks to fly is not due to complications and affect on the woman and her unborn baby, its due to the problems that would occur for the airline and the flight if the woman went into premature labour whilst on the flight.

We will be flying long haul with Eva air and I will be at 31 weeks - I have checked this out with the airline and they are totally fine about me being on the flight as long as I have a doctor's note.

I flew when i was 21/23 weeks and everything was fine but i've had no complications at all.

Speak to the airline and see if they'd accept you then go and see what your doctor says :)

You should one, talk to your MW and two, check with the airline. It's usually within a WEEK that you can't fly. But if you're perfectly healthy, your MW should give the a-okay to fly. And if needed, they can write a note to the airline allowing you to fly.

I flew around 30 weeks and was just uncomfortable, but no pain and did no damage to LO.

I have just come back from holiday (4 hour flight) and I am 14 weeks today. I was told by my midwife to get up frequently and move my legs lots. I think you can get some kind of stocking things to reduce risk of swelling/DVT. I also drank lots of water.

Each airline has a different policy-mine said they would accept me up to 28weeks no problem as long as I was deemed a low risk pregnancy but from 28-32 a fit to fly certificate would be needed from a midwife/doctor. They would not accept a pregnant woman after 32 weeks.

I will be flying long haul at 26 weeks and the airline say they take pregnant women up to a month before EDD. You would need a medical cercificate though stating you'd be unlikely to go into labour in the next 36 - 48 hours.
I have been told to drink lots and move around for 15 mins during each hour. I'm not looking forward to it but 'tis a necessary evil for me!
All the best!

Some airlines will take you up to 36 weeks pregnant for a short haul flight but you will need a doctors note. I am planning to fly at 35 weeks from Lanzarote to the UK (4 hour flight) and my doctor is fine with it providing I dont develop any complications before then. I flew last week at 24 weeks & was fine apart from feeling a bit queasy during the landing

With my DD i went at 28 weeks and back at 29 weeks. This is usually the cut off point (i also had to have a letter from my doctor saying i was fit to fly) but i know a few airline let u fly till 32weeks, so id speak to your doc, get the ok from him, then look around for airline that will take you. x

Thanks for all that girls,
I did think about it and we thought me rushing over to get civily married wasnt the best idea, simply as i dont know if my papers will be ready before the 12 weeks minimum plus if god forbid my health went downhill :( So i will be goin over in 3 weeks at my 25th/26th week for a last break before bubbs comes :)

Thanks for all the advice xxxx
huggs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hollie200
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"