is it selfish?

xUniquex

Tandem feeding Mum
Reaction score
Me and OH would like at least one more bub at some point in the future...
however as i have an incompetent cervix it would mean a stitch in the cervix at 12-14 weeks,high risk pregnancy and most probably another prem bub..

is it wrong to have another knowing they most likely be early?

just want opinions really

thanx!

your LO are so precious i have Incompetent cervix also and tbh i dont think its selfish where also going to try again for one more

I don't think it is selfish as you also have a chance of going to term as well as IC is one of the preterm causes that can be treated. I may have an IC but they don't diagnose it as that as I haven't had any work done on my cervix so only in a second pregnancy if they see shortening would it be diagnosed.

A preventative stitch has a much higher chance of success than an emergency one. There is a lady on here with an IC and she went to term with twins. You may need to have lots of childcare ready though incase you are put on bedrest which is one of the reasons we will be having a long think before deciding if we do it again.

Yup I was thinking about that lady too 25 weeker. :) I think everyones circumstances are different x x

As 25weeker stated, IC is one of the reason for premature birth and not the only reason.
My wife has an IC too and my girl was our first (after one earlier loss), when cervix is weak, medication can help to certain extent and a cervical sutcher can hold for some time and have come across cases wherein a cervical sutcher has helped term delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->