Is it to early to wrap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

highhopes19

Reaction score
I really wanna start wrapping I do enjoy it more next to the Xmas tree with elf on... But Isabelle is starting to cheat and peek in the cupboard :dohh:

Last night she saw he olaf present sack behind the sofa whilst I was washing up... She came running out

"mummy mummy quick there's olaf behind the sofa"

"No there's not" sounding really surprised

"Yes there is is I can show you"

:dohh:

Ha too cute! For me yes, theres no way I'd keep them wrapped til christmas and I love to do it watching christmas movies by the tree with a cheeky wine!

Do you have a loft or room under beds or on top of a wardrobe / shelf? Until dh popped ours in the loft they were hidden everywhere! x

I wrapped early one year and by the time Christmas came they looked shabby and pathetic so I had to re-wrap them, so I always leave it till later on x

I've done my oh's family's presents. They live in Ireland so we'll post them in early November to avoid the Christmas rush. I won't be doing anymore before the tree is up and it doesn't feel too early for Christmas music. It's not the same! My lo is only 9 months though... we have absolutely no storage where we live so we might have to think about wrapping his early next year!

I'll wrap in November. I don't want to have to think about presents at all in December this year. Until Christmas obviously lol x

I've completely wrapped OH's daughter's presents they're in storage boxes on top of the wardrobe. Won't get touched until they are put out at Christmas so don't get all tatty if you're going to be black bagging them or moving them around or anything don't wrap too early because they do go tatty but if you've got good storage boxes and can hide them until Christmas go ahead. We have 4 kids between us and massive family on OH's side so I always start wrapping in October otherwise I'd never get it all done lol

Im going to wait till a week before christmas this year as last year i did it too early and put them in my cupboard, the paper ended up messed up as the walls in my cupboard got a bit damp from the cold(i live in an RV so walls are thin)

I wrapped last year and found some of it ripped so leaving till the couple of weeks before.

I will start in a couple of weeks! Last year I wrapped as I went but I don't have a spare room this year xx

If you do wrap early I recommend keeping a list of what you got! My mothers shopped and wrapped early so many times only to either buy the same gift again near christmas or forget to put it under the tree!!

Definitely too early lol! Mine are on top of the wardrobe. Il wrap end of nob/beginning of dec x

I've already wrapped most of Daisy's gifts, I'll still leave friends/family a little
longer, then there's always the extras that you will pick up.(the twitch presents)

It depends if you have somewhere to keep them without having to move them around much?
I enjoy wrapping a couple each night watching tv. x

I would normally start around now but this year I am waiting until after my holidays so will start early November have got all my paper and ribbon and it is killing me not to start lol

I wrap things in black bin sacks and tape them up with a label on saying what they are (DS can't read yet lol). They're stacked in the spare room but he hasn't paid much attention to them because they don't look interesting!

My little girl's birthday is two weeks before Christmas, so when I have some time off work next week I'm going to get out everything I've bought and sort it into Christmas and Birthday. So far I've just been buying anything I thought she'd like, and not making it specific to either event. Then the Christmas presents can go in the loft, and I'll wrap her birthday presents.

I had mine wrapped up this time last year and probably would have started this year to if I could find nice wrapping paper in the shops lol. I have a great hiding place my wee walk in cupboard has a lock that my son won't reach for years lol x

I can't wrap yet as the only places I have to hide stuff is stuffed under the bed, behind things on the top shelf of cupboards and the paper would get damaged if I wrapped. They are just all in carrier bags.

I will leave it to the last minute I think. I enjoy doing it under the tree with a glass of wine :)

Also, if my daughter spotted a wrapped present now and then saw it again under the tree the whole Santa thing would be ruined :cry:

I have nearly wrapped all 3 kids presents...they are stored in boxes and wont be moved now till December :D

I'm tempted to start but think I'm going to get some big cardboard boxes to keep them in before I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"