Is it too late??

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
Aidan Is 13 months old now

Is it too late to swap to cloth nappies??

And if not how many do I need

xx

I wouldn't say it is but i guess it depends when you want to start potty training?

How many you get is really up to you, you can start off with one and build up like that. I think the average one year old goes through about 6 a day approx

Ok thanks

Maybe for next bubs, I'm planning on potty training when he shows signs that he is ready

xx

Never too late :)
How many disposables do you use per day right now and how often would you plan on washing? If say you are using six disposables a day and would plan on washing every other day then 18 should be plenty.
You can also cut down on the number you may need by going for a particular nappy system , two part nappy systems are often cheaper because you can reuse the waterproof outer and replace the nappy underneith. Itti Bitti snap in ones can be used in a similar way if you dont have a drier as you can buy extra snap in sets, the outers dry very quickly on an airer so you can buy fewer outers and extra snap in sets (a nappy is around £13 an extra snap in set around £6) the new Flips are a very good system IMO as well, they come with BTP waterproof outer (ie they would fit your LO from now til he no longer needs nappies) and microfibre inserts, you can buy just a few with outers and then stock up on the inserts that are only £3.95 each making it one of the most affordable systems Ive seen around.

Not at all, I'd say give it a go, get a few different one to try and ease yourself in!

Thanks hun

He is changed about 7 times a day as he wees so much

And I proberly would but a wash on daily as my washing machine never stops :D

Can you recommend any good ones hun. I like the sound of the one you described

Sorry about all the questions :blush:
xx

My sisters LO is just a couple of months older than Aidan and I have lent her quite a few of my stock when I converted her to cloth just before he was one!
Her preferred ones are Pop-Ins for night time and Blueberrys and BumGenius for daytime. She did send me a text to say she has used the Flips as well starting today and she REALLY likes them so think she may well be looking at using Flips more often. She did say, and its something I didnt think of as much, that the Flips take up much, much less room for storage and in the washing machine. She has four kids so I guess thats a really useful thing to note.
I am unashamedly using her little boy as a guinea pig :)

Thank you. I think I am being converted lol

Now all I have to do is convert OH

He seems to think they will leak and he will look like a girl:dohh:
xx

the only thing with flips though if he's a heavy wetter they might work so well. Having said that quite often there's only one way to find out for sure :winkwink:

You can get some quite girly nappies but equally some quite boyish ones too. Blueberry and Itti do some lovely ones.

the only thing with flips though if he's a heavy wetter they might work so well. Having said that quite often there's only one way to find out for sure :winkwink:

You can get some quite girly nappies but equally some quite boyish ones too. Blueberry and Itti do some lovely ones.

I was just going to say this, I love my pockets and all-in-2s and they are amazing on DD, but would never have cut it on DS, I had to use really heavily boosted 2 parters on him as he just wee'd sooooo much, get mother and baby mag, theres an offer for a free nappy and wrap in there. If you like it little lambs are really good value, I'd recommend getting bamboo as it sounds like he wees quite alot!

I was just going to say this, I love my pockets and all-in-2s and they are amazing on DD, but would never have cut it on DS, I had to use really heavily boosted 2 parters on him as he just wee'd sooooo much, get mother and baby mag, theres an offer for a free nappy and wrap in there. If you like it little lambs are really good value, I'd recommend getting bamboo as it sounds like he wees quite alot!

Yes that would be a good starting point. The only thing i didn't like about LL is the way they got wet all over but thats my personal opnion, many other people like them. A lot of nappies are trial and error and its about finding the right one

another thing to take into account too are your drying facilites. Bamboo is very absrbant and therefore takes an age to dry for example.

My sisters 1yr old is a very heavy wetter, its actually the reason she decided to give cloth a go because he leaked/soaked all the disposables and she was forever changing him. He had cloths with one insert in all yesterday and she says they are as good as the Pop-Ins and nowhere near as bulky....I know she left a Flip with two inserts on him last night to see what it was like as a nighttime nappy.....not heard from her yet. I really want to know how they have held up as hers has so far leaked out of EVERY other nappy I lent her for nighttime other than a Pop-In with a dri night booster..

My LO is a heavy wetter, the organic cotton Flip inserts dry quickly and have more absorbency than the bumgenius organics (found this info on diaperswappers posted by the creator of bumgenius) the organic aio has 85g of absorbent cotton, the flip inserts have 135g. so they're much more thirsty!!

I did pre-wash them 5 times though on the day i got them to make sure the absorbency was up. :thumbup:

Some update on the Flips....my sister is refusing to give them back! Her LO didnt leak or soak the inserts (she doubled) after 12 solid hours of sleep and his skin was dry.
I need to buy some more now seeing as Im not getting the ones I sent to her back....OH will be pleased, not.

Some update on the Flips....my sister is refusing to give them back! Her LO didnt leak or soak the inserts (she doubled) after 12 solid hours of sleep and his skin was dry.
I need to buy some more now seeing as Im not getting the ones I sent to her back....OH will be pleased, not.

Thats good to hear about the flips :thumbup: Gives me a reason to order a few more :blush:

I've ordered more today too. I'll have 6 organic and 4 stay dry
I'm strictly on a sell to replace with my nappies :( but I do love them!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->