Is it wrong that i am upset by this?

pinklady22

Reaction score
So i have been waiting years for my partner to be ready to TTC and now its finally here (which i dont know if anyone else has experienced it, but its a long emotional journey to come through) i have been off my pill for only 4 days and my little sister has just announced the pregnancy of her 2nd baby. I feel so upset because now it wont be about 'my baby' when i fall it will be about 'the babies'. and shes been with her partner for only 6 months (different dad to the first) and ive been with mine for 8 years. Im happy for her. But is it wrong that i feel upset about it in this way?

I think it's normal to feel upset and jealous when someone else is pregnant when we want to be but it is a bit silly to feel upset about "sharing" your pregnant time. If you do fall right away your news will be new and hers will be "old hat". Maybe she'll be upset with you! But that's silly too, IMO. It's exciting to be pregnant with someone else. The baby I miscarried would have been born only 3 months after my niece and it was so fun to think that the cousins would be close in age. That wasn't meant to be but I would have thought my SiL was being very selfish if she got mad at me for being pregnant at the same time as her. Especially as I had been trying for quite a while!

Each baby is unique and special. Your sister's baby can not take anything away from yours when it comes. I hope you get your bfp quickly!

I understand how you feel. When I was with my ex-husband we had been trying for about 8 months when my sister announced she was pregnant. I was 20 almost 21, and she was barely 18 at the time and she had never wanted kids. After my mom told me, I got off the phone and bawled. I couldn't talk to my ex-SO because he was out to sea at the time (Navy). I'm remarried now, and in December of this past year my mom called me again to say that my sister was pregnant with her second baby (ended up being ectopic and she had one of her tubes removes) and I bawled again - especially since at the time me and my DH we're preventing pregnancy and I wanted it desperately. He just gave me the okay for us to start NTNP. But every person I know that announces they are pregnant, some only trying for a week some for a couple of months at most, is like a stab through my heart and it makes me sad. Especially since there are SO many pregnant women on this base, some are 19 and 20 year olds on their second baby. Or have one in a stroller (not able to walk yet) and a big ole belly going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->