Is labor around the corner!!???! Success sweep

bdcrossley

Reaction score
I had a membrane sweep done yesterday at 10 am. I bled more than a little and had little grainy particles come out. ??? And tiny looking "blood clots?" Last night woke up w extreme bh but went back to bed woke up feeling fine no contractions went walking. Baby has slowed down today too barely any movement unless I "make him". Well took a nap peed and lost my mucous plug. I thought I already had weeks ago but I'm guessing I was confused or didn't? Because there was no mistaking this time?
Do u think he's coming? Ftm 27yrs old 39+4!!!

As frustrating as it is...the answer is WHO KNOWS? Except for baby, of course. The way my doctor explains it, the baby's brain is what triggers labor (unless you're chemically induced, which is why so many are against it if it can be avoided).

Your mucus plug can also regenerate from what I've read...but it's still a promising sign! It means your cervix is dilating.

Keep us posted, and good luck!

You can lose your mucous plug throughout third tri and the little bugger just regenerates! If you're losing a lot after a sweep though that's a good sign! Good luck :flower:

They say if a sweep is going to work you will go into labour within 48hrs of having it.

I had mine at 11am, that day i had bloody mucus and odd pain. Come 11pm i had false labour run for 5/6hrs.

The next day was pretty calm, we went shopping, had a curry, bounced on the ball. We decided to give sex a go 20mins after my bh turned into real labour contractions. 2hrs later they were 4-5mins apart, i was in hospital 2hrs later she arrived that morning.
This was my second baby.
oh and to add i really lost my plug after sex, it was size of my palm big chunk it was never ending as i pulled it out. Lol

My first i was in slow labour for 2w, then my labour was very irregular start 12hrs of contractions all over

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->