Is my baby hard of hearing????

Gemz

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Hiya all - I've not posted on her for a while :blush:, but I have a question -

Is it just me who goes through a stage of thinking that their baby is hard of hearing? My little girl is 6.5 months old and either can't hear when I speak or has very selective hearing. Is this possible at 6 months old???? She jumps if we sneeze or drop something, laughs when we sing to her (although I wonder if she's laughing because she sees us smiling), but she doesn't respond to voice - never. I'm getting worried.

Thanks x

I would request another test hun. Just to put your mind at ease. And if there is any problems, she can be referred to see some one sooner rather than later. My LO is approaching 6 months and she responds to everyone

xxx

Hmmm...have u tryed 2 make alot of noise around her without actually lettin her know ur around?? I know Morgan jumps when doors slam etc..! If not just request another test hun x

Alexa responds usually, BUT sometimes she ignores me when she is playing with her toys, she must be taking after her daddy :rofl:

I went through all that, because my husband has hearing problems, we had to have Jacks tested again at 8 months.
He passed his first check, and tbh i knew he wasnt hard of hearing because he could hear everything. He passed his 8 months test fine.

But we used to test him, like sit behind him and do different type noises to see if he could hear. Thats what they do at 8 months, It wasnt a digital test like his newborn one. :hugs: go to ur GP if ur worried.

I would get another test done just to make sure , i was worried about charlie cos he had meningitis they said he may go deaf so were waiting for another hearing test but im really not worried as can definatly hear us , you should try some noises around her without he seeing to see if she responds xx

OMG I didn't know Charlie had meningitis! Is he ok???? x

aw yeah he had it at 2 & a half months, it was viral meningitis - cutting a long story short it started off as a cold i took him to dr & he said it should just clear up in about 5 days then he got a tempreture so took him to emergency dr & they sent me home telling me to give him calpol the nxt day he still still had temp & then got a slight rash on his legs so took him to emergency dr again & they sent me to the hospital then they said we have to stay over night , that night he went really bad & was just staring into space & wouldnt do anything so they started him on antibiotics as they suspected meningitis he had a lumber puncher & 6 days later we got the results back & they told us it was meningitis but by then he'd had 6 days on antibiotics so was better & we both came home after 7 days he recoverd quiet quickly , it was the worst week of my life but hes fine now thankgod xxx

Thank God he is ok. That must have been very very worrying. My friend lost a baby to meningitis at 6 months old - very very sad :cry:

Thank God he is ok. That must have been very very worrying. My friend lost a baby to meningitis at 6 months old - very very sad :cry:

yeah it was terrible, i stayed in with him the whole time it was awfull seeing all the other ill babies there too . That must of been so horrible for your friend i cant even think about it :cry: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->