Is my home birth plan ruined now?

cdj1

Mummy to 2 princes
Reaction score
So last night I came back from a walk after dinner and went to the loo to see I had had some pinky discharge/bleeding on my panty liner. I was really scared as I hadn't had any bleeding at all in my 1st pregnancy so I called the hospital who said to come in. After a long wait I got hooked up to the CTG machine and my urine was tested..it showed positive for blood and protein but my blood pressure etc was all fine as was the CTG reading and they also tested my panty liner for amniotic fluid which was also negative..very strange. They also did a vaginal swab as there was a consultant on the ward who gave his consent (appaz necessary before 34 weeks) so this has been sent off to the lab. I still have no idea why I was bleeding...and it really was just very watery and only filled one liner then I had no more after that and none since!

Does this mean now though that I am going to get laughed at when I request my home birth? I mean am I considered higher risk now even though it was minimal loss? I had planned on telling the midwives this week and now my confidence has been knocked.....

Oh and a huge P.S. Being on the ward and in the hospital only further confirmed to me that I want a home birth as my anxiety levels were sky high while on the monitor and the baby was also feeling stressed too!

Hi there, its totally your choice to have a HB or not, they cant make you go into hospital.
It is their job however to provide you with all the info/risks etc and then its up to you.
I was the same approaching my midwife about HB (my previous baby was very small and I am being monitored this time) but she was totally supportive so you might be surprised.
GL hun and dont be afraid to discuss this with them.

Wow, they really put you through the ringer didn't they! Must have been nerve racking, hope you're feeling calmer now and hopefully reassured at least! :hugs:

You still birth at home if you want to. It is completely your choice x

It shouldent, small bleeds in pregnancy are normal.

It shouldn't make a difference. I had several small bleeds during my pregnancy and also some threatened pre-term labor at 27-28 weeks were I was hospitalized over night and I was able to birth at home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->