Is my hubby putting my mom down?

GH081012

Reaction score
I feel like my hubby is dissing my mom in a type way. We was having a conversation and he goes "WELL, YO MAMA DIDN'T HAVE A MOM, SHE WAS RAISED BY HER SISTER SO HOW CAN SHE BE A MOM." Tell me with all honesty is that statement a diss to my mom and her kids which includes me? I feel that it is because he's pretty much saying that she don't know how to be a mom and she not a mom and if she don't know how to be one and not one but yet she raised her 4 kids and is now raising her grandchild he's saying that we not and can't be moms and dads. I tell him that and he goes "A SISTER CAN'T SHOW THE LOVE THAT A MOTHER CAN" I'm so pissed right now. Why can't a sister show the love that a mother can, he sister was raised by their mom so she know's what it's like to have a mom, and to this day my mom sister lets her know that she love her like she loves her daughter and she see's her like she's her daughter not her sister.:growlmad::sad2::hissy::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

It sounds like he is talking out of his ass and yes making a rude unthoughtful statement. That to me is like saying someone who adopts their child can't love them like a mom. People take on many Roles and if your moms sister had to raise her didn't mean that she didn't get the love and affection of a mother. :hugs: sorry hun :( I hope he comes around to realizing what a low blow that was.

tbh it barely makes any sense to me? but it depends on the context in which it was used, very much so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->