is she doing it for attention ??

milliemeg

Mummy to Amelia
Reaction score
Im completely hopeless first time mum for the last 3 days amelia has been fine most of the morning but then lunch time comes and she screams all afternoon if i put her down she screams but if i pick her up she stops shes chomping on her fist and anything she cant get her hands on shes 10 weeks Monday

we've recently switched from BF to bottle with EBM and FF as she was starting to refuse the breast but would take bottle easily

so anyone have any advise going to see HV tomorrow as shes worrying me shes normally calm as pie smiley little angel now her bottom lips always down and her eyes are so red from constant crying

Gem x

Changing milk over I believe can cause some upset to the stomach and bowels ...not all the time but I was advised this when changing formulas I'm assuming it could be the same for any change of milk (in your case breast to bottle).

Chomping fists - how is she with her bottles? Is she finishing every last oz? Could be still hungry ...depending on the answer if she is finishes every drop move the bottle up an oz so if baby is supping the full (example) 4oz bottle start making 5oz and so on.

Caitlin hated lying down in her basket without comfort when she had wind or and upset tummy? Leg movements gives this away if shes maybe trying to bring them up etc

You could try gripe water? Worked wonders for my baby for months. At least once a day we'd give her it.

Mild suggestions possibilities anyway .... & welcome to BabyandBump :D

How's her sleep? Is it possible that by that point in the day she's overly tired? Have you tried getting her to sleep a bit more? Just throwing suggestions out...

I agree, it is like the change to formula... it can take a week or two for them to adjust.

She probably has an upset stomach from the change. Babies don't know what "doing it for attention" is yet, espically not at 10 weeks, they cry for a reason. Hope she gets better soon. :hug:

Yeah I agree it can be the change in her formula or teething. I def don't think she's doing it for attention though, babies at that age don't do things like that. Hopefully it's the milk and in another couple days she will be used to it and be in a better mood

Thanks ladies after your advise I think I was thinking nothing would change after switching her from breast to bottle :dohh: shes still getting breast milk as im just expressing her feeds now as she cant latch on properley anymore and she always left most of the hind mik so I had to top up with formula as he always used to cry after BF

so I think the possiblity was shes been starving and she just keep getting filled up with more and more wind so getting colic as her belly sounds hollow or like a balloon does that makes sense?

I only used to give her infacol with her bottle feeds, now since this morning I have given it before every feed and she bring wind up bettern now but having to rub her tummy loads

so I think today its all coming together :happydance: as so far today shes had all EBM

9am 4 1/2 oz
11am 5 oz
1.30am 7 oz :-k shes never ever took more than 5 so was really shocked

and shes had a good 1/2 hour nap after each feed so I'm hoping its colic well not hoping but glad it can be sloved

one question is can you put gripe water into bottles I'm sending DH off to get some after work and can you give infacol and gripe water

Gem

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->