Is stalled out weight loss due to BFing?

twiggy327

Reaction score
I know BFing def helps with initial weightloss post partum but after i lost just about 20 lbs immediately after delivery I stalled out! I have 15 more pounds to go and it seems like no matter what I do or dont do the scale doesnt budge! I read on another forum that your body retains pregnancy fat stores while you continue to BF. Is there any truth to that? Im going on 2 months and plan to at least go the recommended 6 but was just wondering if im doing something wrong and thats why i cant lose anymore weight...I only have 1 pair of work pants that fit!

Well for me I ate regular, the "standard American diet" and maintained (or "stalled" at losing), but then I started eating healthier, following the Primal Blueprint diet, and eating tons of fat, and the weight is falling off.

Your body does store fat for breastfeeding, but if you eat a regular supply your body doesn't need to keep the stores I guess and it goes ahead and burns it? Just an idea. I am happy, satisfied, and losing weight.

I've been reading about this too. Apparently ur intestines become more efficient at absorbing nutrients from ur food so you don't need as many extra calories as we are often told. You also retain extra fluid while bf which hides weight loss. The thing I was reading said that bf and eating sensibly you can expect to lose 3-6 kg in 6 months.....I was hoping for something more dramatic lol

after I had my first, my weight stalled after her birth for a while as well. I can't quite remember when, but somewhere between 3 and 4 months I started losing again without making any significant changes such as change in diet or exercise, and by month 6 I was back down to my pre pregnancy weight, so it came off pretty quick. My weight has stalled off this time as well, so I'm hoping the same thing happens again.

I find as I'm losing the weight I quite often stall for a few weeks then all of a sudden a couple of pounds come off virtually overnight. Bfing deffo makes me more prone to craving sugar, carbs and protein, so I make sure I have good immediately edible snacks available to nibble on and try not to buy sweets/crisps/chocolate. Its a test of willpower for sure, but I'm up for the challenge!!
You should try using mfp to track your calories, its really useful :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"