is there a kids virus that sounds like this around at the moment??? advice

angelmummy

Mum of 2 boys & 1 angel
Reaction score
my son who is 4 1/2 has not been himself over last 4-5 days. He is off his food, sleeping loads more than usual, has no energy, listless, looks dark around his eyes?? He keeps saying he feels sick but has not been sick and has said at different times that his head aches and tummy aches. He has not been sick, has no sore throat etc so not sure what to do. been giving him calpol but he just keeps laying around?!?!?!? sleeping all the time.

marie x

Hi i work in a drs surgery and yes we are seeing alot of this.
Does he have a temperature? Is he drinking fluids ok?

hi netty,

yes he had a slight temp yesterday but okay today, he is drinking lots of water but not eating. x

Both my los had this before Christmas - they actually both vomited on one occasion each. I suspect they had swine flu......They are okay now.....:flower::thumbup::hugs:

wubba, thanks for your reply.

i was beginning to think swine flu too but its helpful to know other los have had similar symptoms.

glad to hear you lo's are better now :)

marie x

doctors or NHS24 hun! my son has suffered stuff like this and always better to be safe than sorry.

I have 8 doctors in my family and they have all prepared me for the RSV going around. It is similar to a cold, here the info. . . ..

https://www.webmd.com/lung/tc/respiratory-syncytial-virus-rsv-infection-topic-overview

i have mononucelosis at the moment and have been extremely tired, nausea, occasionally vomiting, stomache pains, headaches, have been sick for 7 days so far.... maybe this is what your child has gottten? i sure hope not. best wishes and i really do hope he gets well soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->