Is there any possible way to tell?

Chellebelle

Reaction score
Hiya everyone!

I have my first scan in a week so I should really try to be patient - but I can't :blush:

I was on clomid for 7 months and both me and my partner have twins in our family and I have gone quite big quite quickly for my height and weight. I haven't had any worse symptoms than anyone else, but my bump is a funny shape and I can't help but wonder if there is more than one in there. I am really hoping there is as it would be a dream come true for me, but obviously if there isn't I will be happy, because even one is a blessing.

I was just wondering if there are any tips you lovely ladies can give me on how to tell... how you knew if you did before your scan or if any of you looked and felt like you were just having one and were actually having twins?

Thank you. xxx

I think I just knew - It wasn't a shock at all when they told me I was having twins! I was really really sick though and got a BIG bump very quickly!!! Sorry I'm not more use!!!!

Thank you. It is a great help, anything is a great help.

I think I am just wishful thinking, this week is going to drag.

I had no idea at all although my first scan was at 7 weeks so we found out pretty early on.

Good luck with your scan. I hope all goes well however many LOs there are in there. Let us know how it goes. :hugs:

They do say that women with multiple pregnancies have more acute symptoms (such as lots of sickness, dizziness etc...) due to the high levels of HCG produced in multiple pregnancies....but like Helen says, some women have no idea at all!

Keep us posted & https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/goodluck1.gifhttps://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/goodluck1.gifhttps://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/goodluck1.gif

my little sisters are now 20 years old, keep in mind that the technology is different now...

my mom had no clue there was two of them until she was almost 6 months along...every scan she had they were right next to each other and their heart beats were the same and when one moved, the other moved at the same time in the same way. she looked like she was having 1 child until the 6th month when the doc was like "uh you are huge...lets try something new" and he pressed on one side while doing the scan on the other side. the side that he pressed is where the baby would kick back, but there was no movement on the other side, so they figured out there were two in there. so instead of getting "just one more" for a total of 3 kids, they got 2 more for a total of 4 kids!

hope everything works out for u:)

I am the same, I have this overwhelming feeling there is more than one in there, I don't know why I just do, but then it's probably just wishful thinking on my part lol

Hiya everyone!

I have my first scan in a week so I should really try to be patient - but I can't :blush:

I was on clomid for 7 months and both me and my partner have twins in our family and I have gone quite big quite quickly for my height and weight. I haven't had any worse symptoms than anyone else, but my bump is a funny shape and I can't help but wonder if there is more than one in there. I am really hoping there is as it would be a dream come true for me, but obviously if there isn't I will be happy, because even one is a blessing.

I was just wondering if there are any tips you lovely ladies can give me on how to tell... how you knew if you did before your scan or if any of you looked and felt like you were just having one and were actually having twins?

Thank you. xxx

Hi, have you had your scan yet? want to know your exciting news! x

I had absolutely no idea I was expecting twins til the 12 week scan

i went to my drs before my 12week scan and she said to expect twins as i have really bad morning sickness, with my other two i felt sick but was never actually sick with this one i cant stop! when they confirmed it at my scan i couldnt stop crying its so amazing but scary for it to be confirmed... im size 8 so not that big and my belly aint that big but now i know that its twins i expect to get massive!

you could always borrow someones dopple and see if there are 2 heartbeats lol they wud be a dead give away x x x

i had no idea at the time but looking back i was getting really painful pulling pains ,apparently its quite common with twins cos of all the stretching your uterus does.

good luck to all you expectant multiple mums it is really wonderful especially when they start interacting with each other, when they were in scbu there sats even improved when they were put in the cot together. and its so nice that when they start school they wont be all alone.

sorry i could go on for ages

I just knew wierdly...right from the start..cant explain why though...

i'm getting the worst morning sickness right now and already in mat clothes as i'm so bloated and big....

i'm still getting over the shock of having two and i'm really really worried about it all...

I had a feeling I was carrying twins before I even confirmed I was pregnant.

Congratulations on your pregnancy

Hi there,

I just wondered for those of you who had twins, did you have twins in the family???

As read it can be passed down.

Thanks! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back