Is this a good idea? Or he's too young?

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
So we've just got the keys to our new place and we've started painting etc.
Josh has a small walk-in closet in his new bedroom and there are lots of shelves in the closet.

I thought of taking off the closet door and put some curtains instead and make him a reading area with cushions and soft books.

Is he too young to understand this area will be for sitting down and relax while looking at books?

Might be a bit young now but you can still make it up and "teach" him as he gets older thats what its for.

Yeah i agree...but he will learn and understand what it is for as he gets older xx

i think itsa loverly idea for when hes a little older but it would be so cute x

You can teach him to understand what its for. Seems like a nice idea though x

Yeah that sounds like a great idea! I'm sure he'll learn in no time xx

I think its a lovely idea!!!!
He will understand as he gets older , place him down and read stories all the time at a specific time everyday and in no time he should relise its book/quite time or something like that :)

IM sure he'll find the space as a fun , relaxing spot once he gets older

awww that sounds like a great idea, hes a bit young now but he will learn to love it,

I think its a lovely idea!!!!
He will understand as he gets older , place him down and read stories all the time at a specific time everyday and in no time he should relise its book/quite time or something like that :)

That's what I was thinking. I kinda want him to have a bit of a routine before his afternoon nap to relax him a little bit. Have some quiet alone time before taking a nap!

Now if only theres a time & place to nap for mums lol
lol This is why I'm trying to get him into an afternoon nap routine. He needs to nap otherwise he is so cranky around 4 and gets overtired and it's harder for him to sleep.

I have no problem putting him to bed at night because he has such a strong routine, I want the same for the afternoon nap!!!

I think it's a very good idea!

Of course,right now he's too young and he'll need your help,but with time he'll start understanding and I think it could really make him appreciate this little space of his own. :D

In fact,I think I'll do a similar thing for Lola once she's gets bigger.

i think its a great idea honey, you can teach him and before you no it he'll no what its for, sounds fab :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->