Is this a good price (Wonderoos)

Poppy7

Trained BF Peer Supporter
Reaction score
So...we are considering switching to cloth but as LO is older I am trying to keep cost down as much as possible. I like Bumgenius but am also quite taken with the Wonderoos.

So....is £95 inc. P+ P good for 10 x wonderoos + inserts and a roll of liners?

OR...

£192.95 inc. P+P for 15 x wonderoos + 15 re-useable wipes + liners + wet nappy bag

Thanks in advance. :flower:

i wouldnt buy all in one type hun its not a bad price really but are they new or preloved? id pick up a few from here our sales board Cloth Nappies/Diapers sales board or get a trial pack from somewhere before going for one type,
i love wonderoos but just couldnt get a good fit on either of my boys with them as my eldest is such a big lad and my youngest has skinny legs so with both inserts they wicked around the legs, still love them though lol and might try them again when EJ is bigger

i wouldnt buy all in one type hun its not a bad price really but are they new or preloved? id pick up a few from here our sales board Cloth Nappies/Diapers sales board or get a trial pack from somewhere before going for one type,
i love wonderoos but just couldnt get a good fit on either of my boys with them as my eldest is such a big lad and my youngest has skinny legs so with both inserts they wicked around the legs, still love them though lol and might try them again when EJ is bigger

Thank you :flower: they are brand new. Did you say AIO? I thought these were pocket nappies. Blimey, it's so confusing LOL. Thanks for the info about the fit though. The BG have been great but I'm trying to save pennies, especially as OH isn't so keen.xx

lol i ment buy all one type of nappy not an AIO lol they are pocket nappies, you might find its worth trying something like Flips ( from BG )then if your wanting to save as you only less than half the amount of outters as you do inserts and only need to wipe them out unless they get dirty which with a 1 yr old shouldnt be too often as i imagine his poo is getting more soild now, if hes an average size ( not 90centile etc...) then you could try some ebay cheapies they normally go for around £4 each and come with an insert and extra inserts are avalible in singles or tens on ebay as well pretty cheap. its what im using with my Elliott at the moment while my toddler is mainly in fuzzibunz pockets

oh and I have 14 nappies now (other than my prefolds) that cost me £50 all in, only one is new the rest are preloved but all work well lol

lol i ment buy all one type of nappy not an AIO lol they are pocket nappies, you might find its worth trying something like Flips ( from BG )then if your wanting to save as you only less than half the amount of outters as you do inserts and only need to wipe them out unless they get dirty which with a 1 yr old shouldnt be too often as i imagine his poo is getting more soild now, if hes an average size ( not 90centile etc...) then you could try some ebay cheapies they normally go for around £4 each and come with an insert and extra inserts are avalible in singles or tens on ebay as well pretty cheap. its what im using with my Elliott at the moment while my toddler is mainly in fuzzibunz pockets

LOL! Thanks, it's getting late and I read your post a bit wrong :dohh: Thanks for the info hun. I'll do a search on Ebay for my Elliott.x

I definitely second the suggestion for Flips or if you want to save more money, Econobums are great too and just the 'no frills' version of Flips really. If I was using cloth just to save money, I would buy a set out Econobum outers and some Flip stay dry inserts for in them (they're better than the prefolds the Econobums come with and fit perfectly) and that would do me, probably for less than £100 for a couple of days' worth.

We;ve found Wonderoos not long enough in the rise, and with no leg adjustments, not a good fit on most babies. We also don't like the frill effect at the lehs, as is sometimes allows wicking. Some of the cheapies from ebay look better, although the maximum washing temperature on them is largely too low, and they don't seem to wear very well. The best nappy of that type we've found is the P'tits Dessous mini-maxi, which really does adjust from a tiny newborn to a fairly chunky toddler, has 2 rows of fastenings, so you can get a good fit around the leg, has no frill, and wash temperature is 60ºC.

Thank you so much for the great info ladies. I didnt really want to compromise on the nappies but I have to win OH over somehow!

I have now been offered 14 V3 Bumgenius nappies (they are preloved, 5 months old in fab condition) with an extra 7 never used bamboo inserts and 2 rolls of liners for £150 delivered. I thought this was a good deal and meant I could get the nappies I wanted at a lower cost. I was going to commit to buying them so I hope it's a good deal! Can anyone advise?

Have you tried BGV3? They are a good brand that works for a lot of people but I don't think anybody would advise buying more than one or two of a type of nappy you don't know works for you. It would be much better to try one preloved and then look for a bulk deal if you still want them, and there are always deals like that around.

Also I don't think £0for 14 preloved BGV3 with a few extras is that good a deal tbh. BGV3 have just been replaced with BGV4s so there have been quite a lot for sale recently. Unless they've hardly been used at all (or even never used), I wouldn't expect to pay more than £9 or £10 each really, which I know is kind of what you'd be paying for those BUT by buying in bulk I would normally expect a decent saving as the seller is getting it a lot easier than selling singly and will make a good saving on postage.

I wouldn't pay more than about £120 for that lot including postage, so something like £8 for each nappy plus a bit left over for the boosters.

ETA - just as a bit of a comparison, 14 NEW BGV3 from www.fill-your-pants.co.uk would cos you £160.30 at the moment. That doesn't include boosters of course, but you would get a 1 year guarantee on the nappies which you don't get if you buy preloved.

Thank you Rachel. I have been trialling 2 BG V3 and have been good so far...no leaks, good fit etc. You are right though, that's not a great price considering I could buy 14 brand new for £160 (thanks for the link BTW). The 14 I have been offers were part of a huge stash so not had a lot of wear but still, I'd rather have new of course.

Thank goodness for you ladies on here. Didn't realise buying nappies was such a minefield!

Ahh that's great that you've already tried them and they work for you. I personally really like them although we use Flips mostly. Sorry for sounding patronising, it's just that so many people come on here saying "I'm going to buy 40 of X nappy without trying them"!

I think there are probably even better offers on new BGV3s to be found somewhere, that was just the first site I tried so it's worth shopping around. Do you get a council incentive voucher as well? Cos that's another good reason to buy new rather than preloved at those prices.

No problem! I have shopped around and the website you found was virtually the cheapest (apart from another site that was offering them for 5p cheaper!).

I have e-mailed the person about the preloved V3's and offered a cheeky price. she has accepted but said she will e-mail tomorrow about payment information (I am hoping this doesn't mean I have scared her off!).

Thanks for your help.x

Was just going to post that Fill Your Pants just announced 20% off the new Wonderoo's for a couple of weeks, but i see youve decided on Bumgenius instead! Both are super IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->