is this awful of me?

Shri

Reaction score
Oscar got overtired - he hadn't slept for over 8 hours - not a wink and I could tell he wanted to sleep but just couldn't switch off...
so... I pulled his little hat down over his eyes! And I think it worked as he stopped crying and relaxed.

It's just a light little cotton one and not tight at all and I figured he might need some help and I couldn't make the house dark enough. I tried everything else and nothing was settling him and but within seconds of doing this hat think he was out like a light.

:blush:

I'll keep a close eye on him and once he is in deep sleep gently move it back off his eyes.

its a good idea lol i do all sorts to get charlie to sleep! having a little hat over his eyes shouldnt hurt! glad hes gone to sleep for you tho!

Whe our kids are tired, we will try anything, i think using his hat to create darkness is a wonderful idea, im glad it worked. Hope he sleeps for a while.

V xxxx

DOH! never mind - it didn't work. Within a minute of posting he woke up crosser than ever and I am going to have to try pacing around with him again. Flippin 'eck. Hat is now on the floor.

LOL!

I have put a blanket over Hannah's head (she was laying against me so the blanket was over my shoulder but covered her eyes) when out in public many many times! It does help!! :hugs: Hope he sleeps for you soon.

I hope he sleeps for you soon as well. :hugs:

Do you have the Ocean Wonders musical thing that goes on the side of the crib?

When Renah's overtired the ONLY thing that'll get her to stop screaming is if I put her in the dark (no nightlight) and put on her aquarium on the waves sound and leave her there. In less than a minute she stops crying and puts herself to sleep.

:hugs:
Sorry it didn't work. I usually snug Lola in her sleeping bag and wind her Ocean Wonders (like ^ post suggests)?

I goodled ocean wonders (desperate!LOL) but there is a bamboozling array. Can anyone post a link to the item that works? : )

I have to get one of those ocean wonder thingies...Benjamin doesn't go to sleep on his own either.

Kathryn's gums have been really really bothering her the past few days, and thus she hasn't slept well and is overtired. Nothing was working, so finally I put some calm classical music on, and used tons of baby orajel, just got the night time one and it's stronger then the regular one. It's been taking an hour to get her to fall asleep and tonight it only took 30 min! So yeah maybe I shouldn't have used so much gel, but it worked and now she's asleep and I can relax a bit. If it works it works, and as long as baby is safe an happy, that's all that matters.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2674699

And Renah has this one too which she also loves:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3104466

She got the whole Ocean Wonders line for Christmas, it was a complete lifesaver.

Swaddle him tightly.Make the room dark.Good luck!

When they're over tired your mission is to get them to sleep by whatever means necessary!

There is an episode of Sex in the city where they end up putting a vibrator (brand new from the box thankfully!) into the babies bouncer to make the whole thing vibrate to settle the screaming baby...

They do make a good point in the sense of, if it works, do it! Who cares how you settle the baby, as long as it works!!!

i usually just lay my LO in his cot keep it dark and leave and within minutes hes sleeping

Dec still wont sleep unless he has a blanket or teddy over his face. !!!! Did he sleep for you ?? hope he did xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->