Is this normal 10 month old poop?

jessmke

Reaction score
Isla has been having fairly solid poops this last week, which is also when she really started consuming full meals worth of food (we are doing BLW). Her poops are soft but are formed into, ahem, lumps/logs and they get stuck between her butt cheeks when she pushes them out (which requires a lot of grunting and red-faced pushing). She almost always poops while eating and sitting in her highchair, so is the sitting down maybe causing the straining and the butt cheek entrapment, or is she maybe a bit constipated? She has been pooping every 1-2 days and the poops are formed enough that I can just dump them out into the toilet (she is in cloth diapers).

This is happening with my daughter as well. She is also 10 months old, doing BLW. I think like you said they're starting to really get good at getting a lot of solids in their little bodies, and that's changing their poops (my girl is also on iron supplements due to anemia). I think I'm going to try slicing up some prunes and other fiber rich foods for her to snack on and see if that helps.

My 21 month old went through the same issues recently (which was due to change in milk).. it does sound like constipation.. try offering prunes , papaya or more water.. or if nothing works (like in my son's case), then miralax :)

Happened to mine when she started eating solids and lasted a good two or three months, but she got over it by herself in the end.

Now I wish they would go back to being formed - she's 2 and her poop is still really mushy, God knows what it will be like toilet training her?!

For breakfast she always gets some plain greek yogurt with a few spoons of pureed prunes mixed in, but maybe I'll add a few more spoonfuls of prunes throughout the day to try to make pooping a bit easier for her until she gets used to the solid foods. I think her digestion is catching on to the game because I can no longer identify food in her poop and it stinks to high heaven, but I feel bad for her when she is straining to get a poop out!

Gross isn't it when they start to stink like adults! :haha:

Doesn't sound like constipation to me. God I hate the girl nappies, give me a boy any day!!

Totes normal on solids. This is my son's standard poo :haha:

Doesn't sound like constipation to me. God I hate the girl nappies, give me a boy any day!!
Agree, sounds normal to me. Formed poos you can tip out of the nappy are normal once they're eating a decent amount of solids. Grunting is also normal. Crying, bleeding and hard, dry, little lumps of poo are constipation, but formed poos are normal.

My dude is 8 months and eats 3 meals a day. His poops are formed to his bum as well.
I'd say normal!
But he doesn't grunt or push super hard to get it out.

I tried Greek yogurt once too but he had an allergic reaction and I was told dairy was a bad idea under 1 anyways.
Maybe that's effecting his pooping if it's more a constipated event?

My seven month old is doing this despite pears and plenty of breast milk! Seems normal to me Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->