Is this normal?

baby D

Joshua and Amelia x
Reaction score
So Amelia has been doing really wll on homemade purees since weaning - her intrest in food has really taken of - which is great :happydance: BUT she is steadily losing intrest in purees - or eating from a spoon in general and is showing huge amouts of intrest in what we are eating - we went for a family meal yerterday and i didn't have any food for her as she had lunch at home before going out - she was going mental trying to grab food from the table and our hands - she became quite upset so we ended up giving her a few finger foods while she sat with us at the table - she loved it :cloud9: Anyway, all day today she turned her nose up at pureed meals - even lumpier ones and just wants 'proper food' - finger foods....but it scares me - she doesn't even have any teeth yet :dohh: Plus it means the amount of solid food she is actual eating is less as she gets more down her then in her :dohh:

Not sure what i'm asking here,surely 6 months is too young to eat our foods - not pureed and to be feeding herself?

Absolutely not hun!! Just go with it! Do whatever makes her happy and gets food into her little tummy. As long as she can sit up, which I'm sure she can at 6 months, then go for it.:happydance:

Just re-read your thread. Don't worry about the amount of it just yet - just keep her milk feeds up until she is eating properly. If she starts to refuse purees properly, she won't be getting anything anyway. So letting her feed hersalf and getting a little less while she gets the hang of it, shouldn't be a problem.

Does she take the spoon herself. If you give her yoghurt or something? She may eat purees or something like that aswell as finger foods. Load the spoon and let her take it from you. Then just guide it to her mouth. before you know it, you be reduntant!!!

Alex prefers ot take the spoon off me and feed himself, he also like finger foods. As Amelia's hte same age I'm sure she'd be fine on the food we give Alex. He basically has hte same food as us, just mashed up and obviously dished up before we add salt or anything non-baby firendly. This week he's had:

Fish Pie with broccoli

Spaghetti Bolognese

Shepherd's Pie

Scrambled Egg on Toast

Vegetable Lasagne

tonight we've got Greek food so he's got some cucumber sticks, slices of pitta, humous, felafel and some mashed up roasted veg.

He tends to have a mixture of finger food and mashed foods and always eats at hte smae time as us, there's hell to pay otherwise!

Finn likes to steal the spoon off me, I just give him his own so he can feed himself and I help out. But if he wanted finger foods at 6 mos, id think that was ok, I let him have a lick of a doughball at pizza express, norty me :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->