Is this normal?

Flutterjess

Reaction score
Here we go again for this month's round of "is this normal?" I've been keeping track of my cycles for a while now. I'm tracking cycle length, cm, cp, and bbt. Based on the consistent patterns I've observed, I'm hoping someone will have similar experiences to help me figure out if what's going on with me is normal or not.

First. My cycles are quite regular, but it's a lopsided, strange regular. Every other month (so last cycle) is almost exactly 28 days with the average being around 30ish days. The other cycles (so this cycle) are long. The average being around 39 days. the long cycles have been known to stretch 42-43 days. And it happens that way every single time. short, long, short, long. It is very consistent. And I'm getting a clear, sustained temperature shift 14 days before af, so I know I'm ovulating. Anyone else have experience with lopsided ovulation? Does it mean something bad? Does it mean I have a bad ovary? Does it mean I might not be able to get pregnant every other month? the long ones? the sort ones?

second. My cycles newest trick is the amazing disappearing period. Before I was married, my periods were 7 days exactly. It usually slowed down or stopped around day 5, but it picked back up until day 7. And it was usually mildly heavy the first few days, slowing to a mediumish flow to the end. And there was usually some pretty icky cramps the first day.
After stopping birth control (10 months ago), my periods were pretty much the same as before, but perhaps not exactly 7 days any more.
But last cycle, there was no cramps and it was super light the first two days and then spotting for a couple of days after that and then nada. Right now I'm sitting on cycle day 3 and my period is gone. Granted the first two days were a bit heavier than last cycle, but barely medium flow.
Is this a problem?

Third. Sometimes a week before my period, I get a period aroma down south. I used to be glad because it prepared me for the envitable. but i thought about it and realized this was happening on like 7 dpo. and I thought that was earlish for implantation so why does my body have period smells before implantation even has a chance? Does this mean there is a problem?

Fourth. Fertility friend pins ovulation when the cm is watery. usually I have a few days of ewcm, then a day of water, then the temp rises the next day. Does this mean I might ovulate and have the temp go up two days later? How on earth would I ever know if I'm ovulating one day before the temp rise or two?

Thanks for helping!
Flutter
Ps. if anyone suspects age has something to do with it, I'm 29.

Here we go again for this month's round of "is this normal?" I've been keeping track of my cycles for a while now. I'm tracking cycle length, cm, cp, and bbt. Based on the consistent patterns I've observed, I'm hoping someone will have similar experiences to help me figure out if what's going on with me is normal or not.

First. My cycles are quite regular, but it's a lopsided, strange regular. Every other month (so last cycle) is almost exactly 28 days with the average being around 30ish days. The other cycles (so this cycle) are long. The average being around 39 days. the long cycles have been known to stretch 42-43 days. And it happens that way every single time. short, long, short, long. It is very consistent. And I'm getting a clear, sustained temperature shift 14 days before af, so I know I'm ovulating. Anyone else have experience with lopsided ovulation? Does it mean something bad? Does it mean I have a bad ovary? Does it mean I might not be able to get pregnant every other month? the long ones? the sort ones?

second. My cycles newest trick is the amazing disappearing period. Before I was married, my periods were 7 days exactly. It usually slowed down or stopped around day 5, but it picked back up until day 7. And it was usually mildly heavy the first few days, slowing to a mediumish flow to the end. And there was usually some pretty icky cramps the first day.
After stopping birth control (10 months ago), my periods were pretty much the same as before, but perhaps not exactly 7 days any more.
But last cycle, there was no cramps and it was super light the first two days and then spotting for a couple of days after that and then nada. Right now I'm sitting on cycle day 3 and my period is gone. Granted the first two days were a bit heavier than last cycle, but barely medium flow.
Is this a problem?

Third. Sometimes a week before my period, I get a period aroma down south. I used to be glad because it prepared me for the envitable. but i thought about it and realized this was happening on like 7 dpo. and I thought that was earlish for implantation so why does my body have period smells before implantation even has a chance? Does this mean there is a problem?

Fourth. Fertility friend pins ovulation when the cm is watery. usually I have a few days of ewcm, then a day of water, then the temp rises the next day. Does this mean I might ovulate and have the temp go up two days later? How on earth would I ever know if I'm ovulating one day before the temp rise or two?

Thanks for helping!
Flutter
Ps. if anyone suspects age has something to do with it, I'm 29.

I didn't want to read and run but I'm honestly am not sure. Maybe try OPK for a cycle or 2 and see if FF gives you cross hairs more consistently. Other than that I would say to see a Dr. I don't think you have any major going on that you would have to worry about. It'll probably ease your mind though. I'm sorry I couldn't be of much help .

You ovulate on the day before the temp rise (last day of lower temps)
Progesterone is released after ovulation occures, hence the temp shift.
FF is accurate on your crosshairs

TTC is so confusing. You would think that something so natural wouldn't be so difficult! Anyways, to your questions:

1. Yes, I've experienced ovulation that is all over the place, despite the fact that my cycles are for the most part regular, every 28 days, give or take a day or two either way. I actually have found that my left ovary has a harder time releasing an egg but has stronger eggs, whereas my right ovary doesn't have problems releasing an egg but they aren't as mature. I've discovered this from taking opks and through ultrasound after being pregnant 5 times and knowing which side the egg is released from. It doesn't mean it is "bad" if you're the same way, that's just how our bodies are sometimes. Maybe your longer cycles the egg is released from one side whereas your shorter cycles the egg is released from the other. The only way you'd know is to have an ultrasound done about ovulation time during your long and short cycles.

2. The birth control may have messed with your hormones a bit. I was the same way after my most recent miscarriage because it caused my hormones to be out of whack. I have had periods last anywhere from 3 days to 11 days ever since. My typical before my m/c was about 5-6 days. My doctor told me any time your hormones change drastically, either by bc or m/c, it can cause your cycles to be messed up for the first 6 months to a year.

3. Well actually implantation can occur between 3-12 dpo. I've read that studies have shown most egg implant within 3-7 days after ovulation! This is why a lot of women get their first bfp at 8-10 dpo. As to the smell, I'm not sure where that comes from. It could just be hormonal, as with the weird bleeding during your periods you've been having. Again, your body is still probably adjusting from being off the bc.

4. I would suggest using opks. Temp charting never worked for me and I actually found it more confusing than a help. With opks, you take them similarly to pregnancy tests except the results are read differently. The test line has to be as dark as the control line or darker for it to be positive. Some women have a hard time reading the lines so they use digitals. It gives a smiley face when you're ovulating so no second guessing there! Opks have worked for me in all the cycles I used them when ttc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->