is this reflux? does it need treatment?

san fran shan

Twin Mom
Reaction score
My girl has been spitting up a lot and recently it seems to have increased. She is combination fed breast milk and similac advanced organic formula. Her spit up is sometimes thick mucus, cottage cheese looking chunks, or clear liquid that smells like stomach acid. She seems happy after she spits up, she has no problem gaining weight. I know there is medicine for this, but we prefer not to medicate her unless necessary. My question is, does this spit up cause damage if untreated? Does the stomach acid do permanent damage to her esophagus or anything like that?

We elevate her when we feed her, are diligent about burping, and hold her upright for 15-20 minutes after feeding her.

my baby was exactly the same. sick after all feeds and for hours after...never got medicine as she never was in pain. she ate alot and was gaining weight good and fast.

shes alot less sick now shes 6 months and on solids!

i wouldnt worry xx

No, if she's fine then it's not a problem - when it's enough to burn their throat and cause erosion, they will be in pain from it :)

I'm going through the same thing with my DS right now. He's exclusively breast fed and seems to be spitting up a lot! His doctor wanted an ultrasound of his tummy so I'm taking him tomorrow. She doesn't think anything is wrong with him but she just wants to make sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->