Is this the start of SPD???

tylerncallum

Reaction score
Im 26 weeks tomorrow...this morning i took my son to nursery its 5 minutes up the road by time i got there n bk i was aching my groin and back was in angney... :(...tried resting but then every time i walked moved it hurt...if i walk for ages i feel like my pelvis is gonna snap...my hips n back keeps clicking...iv gone to pick him ip from nurserg and am bk home and its hurting :( i dnt wanna move around but hard wen i have 3 kids n daddy working away :( xx

Had it and went to delivery suit to be told it was SPD, I remenber they gave me some excercises to do and to take some paracetamol ...
Something that worked a treat for me i bought a fitness ball and used to do exercises on it ...

Sounds like how mine started as well - same # of weeks too....hurting going down seep stairs? or flipping over in bed if your legs 'seperate'...it's not fun.

Try to limit the amount of time you stand/walk, no squatting and to get in/out of bed keep "knees glued together".....it's helped a bit.

Thankyou x and yes it does hurt expesicall walkong down the stairs :( my hips and everywhere down there...wen i walk my groin hurts so much...really dnt know how you girls deal with this wen it gets worse....

I have an exercial ball but wouldnt have a clue what to do onit expect bounce x

I dnt see my midwife for another 2 weeks...so im just waiting for he to ring me bk :( x

It sounds like spd. I would try and get in the doctors for a referral to physio as it can take a long time to get an appointment. Mine has given me crutches which help when out and about i also sit on my exercise ball alot!

Warm baths after a bad day i find helps. Also walking backwards up and down the stairs really helps. I dont know why but the physio advised it. Just try to rest as much as possible. They also told me not to push a trolley around the supermarket as that can make it worse.

Hope you manage to get some relief x

Thankyou x i will be getting into doctors...midwife neva rang me bk :( iv just ad a bath and layin down x i got shopping tomorrow too this isnt gonna be fun at all.x

I've had mine since 18 weeks and my first physio appointment is not for another 2 weeks when I will be 27 weeks!
Get to the doctors as soon as to be referred.

Thankyou x and yes it does hurt expesicall walkong down the stairs :( my hips and everywhere down there...wen i walk my groin hurts so much...really dnt know how you girls deal with this wen it gets worse....

I have an exercial ball but wouldnt have a clue what to do onit expect bounce x

I dnt see my midwife for another 2 weeks...so im just waiting for he to ring me bk :( x

i sit on mine and roll my hips round and round keeping my back straight and i rock my hips side to side only moving my hips and not my back/belly. for 20 mins a day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->