• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is this too matchy?

Caitie44

Shiny Spine Certified
Reaction score
DH and I are going to begin TTC in early September, and we've decided to go ahead and begin the name hunt as we didn't decide on DD's name until after her birth... We both LOVE the name Aurora, but are unsure if it sounds too similar to our surname - Moore. We keep going back and forth on it (and looking at other options), so I figured you lovely ladies could help us out! Do you think Aurora Moore sounds too similar?

No word of a lie, my partners last name is Moore and we're having the exact same debate over the name Aurora! How very strange. I can't really comment because of the exact same issue but Aurora is such a pretty name - the other issue is the lack of nicknames bar Rory which I hate..

When I say Aurora Moore out loud, I naturally want to follow with 'ealis' .. Like Aurora borealis.
I don't know if that's a bad thing!

I love the name Aurora and I hate to say it but it really doesn't flow :cry:

I was always told when choosing a baby name to make sure you yell it out the front door (as if calling the child in from playing outside) to see if it flows. Maybe try doing that a few times and the name might seem more natural? Hope that helps!

Sorry, I think it sounds like too much of a mouthful.

Aurora is cute but it's a lot of vowels all put together. =l

I really dislike Aurora. But I'm Scottish, it just wouldn't work over here as we roll our 'R' too much. Instead of being a pretty name it sounds like a swear word...

I like Aurora Moore though. With a nice long middle name that has no Rs in it. Like Stephanie.

Hmm I can see what you mean, but I really don't think it's that matchy. If you both love it I would still use it anyways!!
I'm also assuming she'd likely be called Rory Moore anyways which I think is super cute!!
It's so hard when OH has a surname that messes up a lot of favorite names...I have that issue big time as N names sound funny with it and I can't use anything with -son at the end!! Ahh!

I think it's too similar and even a little difficult to say.

Beautiful name! I think it sounds lovely together and flows beautifully :flower: Plus, Rory is the typical nickname for Aurora, and Rory Moore flows well, too :)

I sound like I have marbles in my mouth when I say it, no matter how hard I try...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->