is this too much/ not enough??Please help!!

lola291

Reaction score
I have posted similar in baby club......

My little boy is 6.5 months old..weaned from 5.5 months. The last few days he has been eating all of his food and milk in teh day and still waking in the night and draining 2 x 7oz bottles! Do you think this could be a growth spurt, from habit (although only last 2 nights he has fed in teh night otherwise hasnt been fed in night since apporx 12 weeks) or do you think i am not feeding him enough in the day?

todays feeding:

7am - 6oz bottle

8.30 - breakfast approx 8/9 teaspoons of baby porridge, a few chews on toast (didnt really swallow much!) approx 4/5 teaspoons of apple and strawberry puree

10.30/11.00 - 6 oz bottle

1.00 - lunch - mixed vegetable puree - butternut squash, cauliflower, carrot and parsnip approx 8/9 teaspoons & ricepudding and fruit approx 10 teaspoons water

2.30/3.00 - 6 oz bottle

6.00 0- dinner - beef stew - approx 8/9 teaspoons fruit puree approx 6 teaspoons

7.30 - 6oz bottle

10.30 - 6 oz goodnight milk

His is putting on weight each week and since weaning has gone slightly above his line on his weight chart (but hoping htis will dopr off a bit when he starts to crawl!!!!)

Please help!

He's probably having a growth spurt. I take it he won't settle any other way, he really is hungry in the night?

They're all different of course but to me that sounds like a lot of food and milk so I don't think you should need to give any more.

Maybe have a word with your HV? (if you're one of the lucky people who have a helpful one!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->