Is Trying right away ok?

ncbailey

Reaction score
I would be 5 weeks today. Dr says I must have tested on the right day that I got my bfp. But after a night and day(yesterday) of horrible stomach pains I started bleeding extremely bad last night way worse than a normal period. Dr said most women don't realize they have a MC the first time because it can happen fairly close to when their period should start, but since I've been tracking everything for about 4 months now I noticed every little thing. Should I count today as cd2? (Yesterday being cd1?) And is there even a chance ill O this month?
I'm very heartbroken, but it helps reading that your not alone. I have wanted kids for a long time now. Its frustrating when people i graduated with are having kids like crazy. (Especially bothers me when they are just sleeping around and geting pregnant with just anyon) and then half of them don't even raise their kids their parents do. Then here I try to do things right. I've raised my husbands daughter into a beautiful 17 year old (her mother never wanted anything to do with her) and now its time for us to have some together and this happens.
Sorry I'm venting on here, its just a awful feeling thinking I've tried to do things right. Raise and love unconditionally a child that wasn't mine but took her under my wing as this she was, got married to a wonderful man that I will be with forever, and now I'm having trouble getting (well staying ) pregnant.
Again its my emotions coming out right now, hopefully some of you can understand where I'm coming from. :cry:

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Many doctors say different things. I lost my 2nd at 5w2d and I told my doctor I was not waiting, and they didn't seem to have a problem with it. I think because you were so early, it would be okay to start trying again right away. I would count the day you first started bleeding as CD 1. You may ovulate later then normal, so just try and keep track.

Good luck to you!

I am. I had a miscarriage at 4 weeks and 1 day. I have a success story to support my decision. I became pregnant with DD#2 right after a miscarriage.

I also became pregnant right away (less than a full month) after my first m/c. My little boy will be 5 in march, and he is perfect! But for some reason, I have had a few battles with bad luck in the last year. I am thinking of trying again, but I am unsure if I can emotionally handle anything that life throws my way. Good Luck

After an early loss, there's no reason you can't start TTC right away. You might find you ovulate at the usual time, or it could be delayed a little.

Sorry for your loss and lots of baby dust for this cycle :dust:

Thank you to all of you for your responses. These last couple days have been a up and down thing. One second I'm ok and the next I'm not, but I think it will get better.
I really hope this month my husband will actually more so TRY and not just not prevent it.
But thank you again for all of your support and great advice, I really do appreciate it!

I'm so sorry for your loss! :hugs:

I have to agree with the other ladies, as long as you're emotionally ready, you should be fine to TTC right away. My 2nd miscarriage was an early one and things ended cleanly on their own, and I started TTC again with my FS help as soon as I got back to 0. Good luck! :dust:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I haven't read that there is any reason not to start TTC right away. It's more like if you are ready emotionally or not. We've been BDing since about a week after our mmc. I still haven't got my first :af: and not sure if I Oed yet or not. My temps have been very confusing but I have an appt this afternoon for a follow up u/s so hopefully I'll know something then.

Good luck to you.

We have also started NTNP 10 days after mc and eprc. We waiting until bleeding stopped. I'm not sure though if i would get a neg yet on hpt. I did one a few days ago and that showed faint +ve, I have ordered some more ics. I don't know whether we should ttc so soon (mc was at 13 wks due to pprom) but it just seems right for us that sexual intimacy is part of the healing process. It look us a long time to get preg in the first place and we're both a bit older so would really like to make it all the way soon. Hugs & good luck to every1 else in this situation and advice etc frm any1 is welcome xx

So sorry for your loss.

I had an MC at 5 weeks on 14th July. And I concieved 23rd July. Like people have said, aslong as you are emotionally ready. I think doctors tell you not to try until your periods are back to regular due to dating problems. Good luck. xx

I think it may depend on the conditions of your miscarriage. Based on what you have said I would think it would be fine. My family doctor actually encouraged me to try again right away and the gyno said that the only reason she would want me to wait a month was for dating reasons. But because I can track when I O fairly well and she intends on doing an ultrasound a couple of weeks after I find out I am pregnant she told me to go ahead and try right away. Hope this help and I am so sorry about your loss. I won't say it will get better but that it will get easier.

I'm glad to have the support of everyone that has responded. I don't wish a mc upon anyone, but hearing everyone else's situations does help you not to feel alone in the situation. But I am very sorry to all of you that have also experienced a mc.:(
I am ready to try again this month, I have talked about it to a couple of my close friends and I believe getting the sad thoughts and tears out has helped me to be able to move on.
While I was at work the other day I sent a link to my husbands phone about the Sperm meets :spermy: egg plan... he hasn't said anything but at least thats not his normal "no lets just let it happen" response. So that gives me some hope, that maybe he will stick to TTC & not just NTNP!
Wish me luck! And Lots of Luck to all of you that are trying for that precious little gift!

Hey l miss carried at 5weeks 3wks back. I was as bitter as you were that l waited to be married before l tried and ended up doing fertility tablets. At 25 thought l would sleep with my husband and that very month be preg but hey struggled. When l finally was it was short lived only five days. I found out on a Friday and the following Thursday miscarried, it was my lowest time but my doc says l must be pregnant again before the end of the year so lm hopeful. I hope my story shows you you are not alone and your child will come with time because you deserve to be happy :flower:

ncbailey, I am so sorry for your loss. Since most women wouldn't have even know they were pregnant yet, I would assume that it is perfectly fine to try again right away. I had a D&C, and my Dr. said to wait a month, but I think that is to just let my body recover from the op. If I hadn't had the procuedure I think I would have tried again right away too. Like your DH, mine wasn't interested in trying much. He kept saying that he didn't want to schedule sex he just wanted to "let things happen". (Try telling that to a women charting BBT and peeing on OPKs:winkwink:) After we found out about the MC, has has been a lot more interested in trying now. I feel sad that it took losing a baby to make him really interested in TTC, but at least he is coming around. He keeps asking me when we can "try again". Maybe that is just his way of "fixing things", IDK. Good luck in TTC, I hope you get a BFP with a sticky bean soon!

I'm not sure if I said it, but sorry for your loss. And good luck trying again. Chin up :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->