Is your GP interested in your charts?

Hope3

LTTTC#1
Reaction score
A question, probably more for those in the UK. Does your doctor take your charts seriously?

When I've been to see my GP and recently a first appointment with a gynecologist, I've taken my charts with me but they don't seem interested in them.

For example, my gynecologist wants me to repeat my day 21 blood test to confirm that I am consistently ovulating but I already know from my charts that I am.

I've been charting for 2 years and TTC for a year and I find the charts invaluable for tracking changes with my body. Over the last 3 cycles I've noticed that I've had hardly any fertile cervical mucus but when I mention this it's like no-one is listening. I think this is significant.

I read Taking Charge of Your Fertility and I guess I had an expectation that the doctors would welcome all the information I've gathered but instead I just feel patronised.

My OB (also a FS) wasn't the least bit interested. I took them with me, but he said he doesn't use the because your temp can be affected by other things. He is having me do the CD21 progesterone since he started me on Letrozole this month.

Im in the states and my dr do not give a shit about charts or cm either .. i think they feel patronized just like yoi said.

I've only had my current FS ask if I have fertile cm, and he asked to see my charts so I brought them up on FF in his office :thumbup: all the other FS I've seen or Gyne have never wanted to see them :shrug: but yet they all say its a good idea to temp to follow the cycle. I think they'd rather just order the blood test and see numbers to be honest, looking at a chart would take to much of their precious time :wacko:

My GP was, she loved them. My Fertility Doctor couldnt care less, didnt even want me to do them as there are so many variables in temping.

I've mentioned my charts to two GPs now, one just wasn't interested at all, and the other made me feel like I was actually crazy, both seemed to think I was just taking nonsense. My DH calls it 'that temping witchcraft' but I expect that from him, I thought that GPs would see it as useful!

None of the health professionals i have seen over the years have been remotely interested in my charts, in fact many quite derisory, a couple of midwives feined sympathetic interest but really most health professionals i have encountered do not rate or respect ANY kind of self awareness through charts or internet research, i think they feel it discredits their professional status and we should just all sit down shut up and do what we're told, silly little ttc women who think they know their own bodies better than us TUT TUT TUT! :) (rant over!)

It's interesting that so many doctors don't care about the charts. I appreciate that they're supposed to be the experts but you would think that they would appreciate having a self aware patient that can direct them straight to the issue.

I am in Singapore. mine does look at BBT chart, though not all gynae are interested but they will still look if you show them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->