Isla born via c-section 18.08.11

Stef

Mummy to Olivia & PG #2
Reaction score
Isla was born on Thursday 18th August via elective c-section completing our perfect family of four. Mummy, Daddy Olivia and Isla at last :cloud9:

I was caught ill when i reached 38 weeks pregnant and admitted into the antenatal ward at my local hospital to be monitored and kept in etc as I was unable to keep down any fluids. When the Drs did their rounds the following morning it was my actual consultant. As LO's head still wasn't engaged and not in the pelvis at all she discussed with me that a VBAC isnt looking very hopeful especially as i didn't respond to prostin when being induced with Olivia resulting in my induction being a complete fail so she booked me in for a C-Section the following Thursday.

That week, waiting for Thursday came round dragged, although I had hoped initially for a VBAC i wasn't disappointed for long and couldn't wait to meet my little girl. I barely slept on the Wednesday night.

I got up at 6am Thursday morning showered double checked my hospital bags and then sat & waited for the taxi that was booked for 8am. We arrived at the hospital about 8:15 and was greeted by a midwife on labour ward who advised me there had been no emergencies and once the surgeons were ready then I would be taken down, we went through the paper work again and I was seen by the anesthetist and the surgeons before changing into my lovely gown with my backside hanging out the back. :haha: I walked down to the theater where they were all ready and waiting.

I got up on the theater table and started to shake like a leaf. I was dreading the spinal block so much that i just couldn't control my shaking and I ended up with a few tears in my eyes. What a wuss. :blush: However the spinal block wasn't as bad this time as I remember it being last time, it was just uncomfortable. My left side started to go numb much quicker than my right side which made me panic a little but they just tilted the bed to the right and I soon went numb down the right side too though scarily I could still move my right foot.

Chris was then brought into the room finally and the surgeons got to work and I didn't feel a thing other then the tugging and pushing feeling..

..Isla was born at 9:52am weighing 8lb 8oz at 39+2 gestation.

It took a few mins before I heard her cry but when I did it was such a relief. The midwives cleaned her up before passing her to Chris who laid her next to me on my shoulder. The moment was perfect.

3 days post op and I was ready for home, we came home yesterday and im so thankful to be back with hubby and Liv. I feel so proud and complete. :cloud9:

Heres a few pics

https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u154/SJB_1986/be7f2a15.jpghttps://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u154/SJB_1986/39e6c6f7.jpg
https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u154/SJB_1986/68bd37a3.jpghttps://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u154/SJB_1986/0d38f87a.jpg​

Thanks for reading Xx :flower: Xx

Shes so stunning, Congratulations again babe sooooo over the moon for you!! Cant believe she is finally here at last!! Seems surreal xx

Cant wait for my turn x

Hope your all settling in well & cant wait to see you all again soon x

She's beautiful hun & pleased you're home.

Congrats :hugs:

xxx

Lovely story to read!
Congrats she is beautiful xx

Wow she is just gorgeous! :hugs: And I absolutely love the pic of her and Liv :cloud9:

She is absolutely adorable!! Congrats!!! It is nice reading a good c-section story as I am booked in for one 17th october and am very anxious about how I will deal with the epidural and the pain when it wears off etc.

Can I just ask where you got the blanket that is in the car seat, I LOVE it!! :D

xx

Awww she is gorgeous.

Congrats.

V xxx

Thanks every one. :flower: xxx

She is absolutely adorable!! Congrats!!! It is nice reading a good c-section story as I am booked in for one 17th october and am very anxious about how I will deal with the epidural and the pain when it wears off etc.

Can I just ask where you got the blanket that is in the car seat, I LOVE it!! :D

xx

You can, it's the scrapbook girls range from Mamas and Papas

Xx

Oh Stef, well done you :D Huge congratulations :D it's so nice reading a lovely calm c-section story, my actual section with maddi was wonderful and calm, just the labour before that wasn't :D i no we're trying vbac this time, but like you, i don't care which way she comes!

So happy for you all, your right, the perfect little family of four :cloud9: Welcome to the world Isla, she is beautiful! and such a great weight too!

ps i was going to ask about her blanket too, it's gorgeous!

She's adorable, congratualtions!

Stef, she is so pretty and what beautiful photos!!!

I've only just seen this. Congratulations and I think the name Isla is beautiful :cloud9: Such gorgeous pics too!!

xx

Thanks every one. :flower: I can't believe she is 2 weeks old today.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->