Itching at 16 weeks

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
Iv developed horrendous itching, it started with my hands and today my legs and arms have been so bad they are red raw.

I got a last minute doctors appointment and she has referred me for blood tests tomorrow but any ideas what else it could be?

My skins not dry and Iv got no rashes? x

It could just be one of those weird pregnancy things but it's best to get it checked. I've had oc last pregnancy and this pregnancy I should be getting an oc diagnosis tomorrow as my liver levels have been raised since getting my bfp. Only now they are sky high. The itching is unbearable, it's keeping me awake at night and I'm covered in scratches and scabs. I found cool showers really really help and E45 do a great anti itch cream which soothes it for a bit. The doctor gives me huge bottles on perscription which you can't buy over the counter. It might be worth asking for some of the itching is really bad. Hope all goes ok with your blood test!

Check out something called PUPPS. I had it with my first and it was the worst thing I've ever experienced in my life. I scratched so bad I'd make myself bleed and the itching would keep me up at night. The only thing that I found worked (after tons of googling) was dandelion root capsules three times a day.

Thanks ladies I'm hoping the blood results come back quick enough, nothing showed up on my booking in bloods at 10 weeks so I wonder if it's changed.

did either of you have any other symptoms? x

Severe pain under my rib cage and sickness suddenly coming back which I put down to morning sickness but turns out its a symptom. I also was a little jaundiced. Fingers crossed that your bloods come back ok!

Thank you! My sickness has come back I literally had about 10 days where I was ok but I have put that down to morning sickness! Will have to wait n see x

Please make sure they check for obstetric choleostasis. My friend had it with both her pregnancies. Much better to know.

I had OC in my last pregnancy too and I'm absolutely terrified of having it again. I'm on high alert for itchiness and I'm only 13 weeks. I honestly hope your itching is nothing serious. x

When i was pregnant with both my daughters i became super annoyingly itchy 3rd trimester. OB checked my liver they were fine ran other tests they were fine and she never knew what it was so i delivered a week early because i couldn't deal with the itchiness. Come to find out a few years later i had gallstones and that was what they thought was causing it. I had my gall bladder removed and I'm pregnant again so praying thats what it was and I don't get itchy this time. If your liver comes back fine id suggest checking gallbladder with ultrasound.

When i was pregnant with both my daughters i became super annoyingly itchy 3rd trimester. OB checked my liver they were fine ran other tests they were fine and she never knew what it was so i delivered a week early because i couldn't deal with the itchiness. Come to find out a few years later i had gallstones and that was what they thought was causing it. I had my gall bladder removed and I'm pregnant again so praying thats what it was and I don't get itchy this time. If your liver comes back fine id suggest checking gallbladder with ultrasound.

Oh I feel for you girl. That's something I forgot to mention, my gallbladder started to have attacks. I was in hospital for that along with the OC. I remember being on tramadol and codeine at one point because I could barely move without my lower half spasming in pain.

Well had my bloods back and they were fine and the itching has almost stopped! So weird it got really bad to the point my arms were bleeding and over a couple of days it's gone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->