Itchy, dry irritated skin!!!

Ally2015

Reaction score
Hello

I have really itchy skin, all over my body, it's driving me mad! i'm trying so hard not to scratch but it's hard.
I have started using bio oil, and i have a palm butter moisturizer. The dr also gave me a cream that can be used but it's not really helping. She also took my blood and they are all clear so the itchiness is not related to liver problems.

does anyone have any tips or solutions for dealing with this?
thanks in advance

there is stuff you can get from the chemist to put in your bath, helps with dry skin?

sorry i couldnt be of more use but didnt want to read and run!

There's a few things that REALLY help well. I live in Canada and the extreme cold dry climate is really tough on the skin and sinuses.
1. omega oils, if you aren't taking them start, not only are they good for baby's brain dev't they're great for your skin & hair
2. exfoliate in the tub. I make my own exfoliator with course salt whipped into coconut oil. Rub all over your body & rinse, you'll be baby smooth! You can also get a rough glove from walmart for cheap and rub away all that dead skin.
3. Use a good cream (I use an aveno generic brand but any hydrophilic cream that attracts water is great) no more than 3 min from hopping out of the shower and then
4. seal the moisture from the cream with an oil. Oil will keep any moisture from leaving your skin for a much longer time than cream. While the cream's job is to moisturize & attract moisture from the environment to your skin, oil seals it in and protects you from drying out. You don't need to use an expensive one like bio oil, in fact at the rate I use it I'd be out of bio oil in a week. Coconut absorbs really well as it's thin and lovely smelling as it goes on and it's inexpensive. It doesn't smell at all after it's on.
I use baby powder under the boobs, armpits and groin to keep dry and eliminate sweat from gathering. sometimes when you use cream and oil you become more easy to stay moist in areas that you don't wish to and maybe avoid putting cream/oil in those areas that sweat. This will also prevent stretch marks. Although some are genetic you can try to prevent by not allowing your skin to dry out and not going in the sun (sun kills your skin's elasticity).

I was using a pregnancy oil from Asda and it wasn't helping to moisturise my skin - I was constantly scratching my hips and belly and the tops of my thighs. I switched instead to Aveeno moisturiser, which I had heard lots of good things about, and it seems like a much better alternative. I got a three pack in Costco a lot cheaper than the supermarket prices and my skin is much softer and less itchy.
I hope you find something that works for you xxxxx

thanks ladies, will try all these things!!

i think i have scratched my skin quite a bit and made it worse, so now it feels stingy and i have horrid red marks all over my skin.
but will really moisturise , use oil and find something that hopefully can ease it.

i bought some loose cotton dresses too, and new bedding, so hopefully this will feel better on my skin!

thanks again ladies!

The other ladies gave some excellent tips! I live in New England and the dry winter air bothers my skin every year. Definitely moisturize. Also drink lots of water. If you shower daily try showering every 2-3 days to let your body's natural oils build up. Soap/hot water are not good for your skin. When i skip showers I wash my hair in the sink.

thank you 2ducks.

I get some relief after having a cool shower, followed by mouisturising my skin, then putting on oil and baby powder ( i take ages in the bathroom now haha). But the relief is short lived and it starts again, and i have horrible red marks all over my skin. I was looking it up and i think i have PUPPS, and i will go to my doc this week and see what she thinks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->