itchy legs when i wear leggings?

tink28

Mum of 1 & WTT
Reaction score
is anyone else suffering with this?

whenever i wear leggings i can only keep them on half an hr and i have to take them off, they make me itch to the point where i wanna scratch myself to death.

i know itchy skin is common in pregnancy, is anyone else struggling to wear close fitting things cos of it?

i intended to live in leggings this winter so dont know what to do now :(

Yea I get this as I have alergies and excema. Not a lot you can do other than moisturise loads. You can use some of that anti itchy cream if it is spercific areas but not sure you can spread it all over your legs

do u think i could be allergic to something in the material? they were made of elastane and viscose which ive worn before and been fine, infact i wore leggings loads before i was pregnant and they never made me itch.
i didnt have any rash etc when i took them off.
has made me really depressed as im limited what i can wear as it is

I suppose it is possible that U could just be more sensitive I know it might be a little warm at the moment but have you tried putting tights on first? or do tights have the same problem?

not tried tights, i normally find leggings more comfortable so am gutted

it may be that it will make the itching worse but it might just ease it off.

hey hun i've found washin everything in non-bio has made a massive difference for me!
EVERYTHING was makin me itch... particularly leggings!
xx

Even before I was pregnant I would get itchy if I worse leggings if my legs werent shaved; I guess the material pulls on the hairs and makes it itchy. maybe try shaving?

Is it just leggings or all tight things? Maybe there is a different type of yarn or dye used in the leggings you tried on that your skin does like now. Might not hurt to try a different brand of leggings. Sounds silly but my friend couldn't stand anything which had silk in when pregnant. She said the feel just made her want to scratch. Strange as silk is so lovely!

I second the washing clothes in non bio. I have eczema and if I don't use non bio I feel a huge difference particularly with close fitting clothes. With the hormones and such your skin is a lot more sensitive so maybe try this and see if it eases the itch a bit? I hope it eases for you, itching is never fun!

thank u ladies, i will definitely try the non bio

mummyjen, it seems to be just things that touch my legs that are causing the problem, i had a tight t shirt on with the leggings yesterday and my top half was fine. very odd! but i have heard of other ladies complaining of itchy legs in pregnancy so wonder if its just this thats causing it. annoying when leggings are so ideal to wear in pregnancy!

Yes!!!

I have itchy legs when wearing leggings. Its worse for me when I am hot and sweating. Now the weather is colder I am managing to wear them again.

My sister is pregnant too and exactly the same.

ooh good to know im not the only one, i wonder what causes it? it was cold yesterday but i nearly drove myself mad

I honestly dont know. I am wearing leggings today and have been ok so far.

Does this happen with all your leggings? I found it happened with some cheap ones I got from select, and some maternity ones from Asda. So far those are the ones I am having problems with and the ones that I tend to avoid. x

i bought some over bump maternity ones from next and these were the ones i had the prob with, i briefly tried on a pair ive worn for ages before being preg when i was first pregnant and they made me itch too so i took them straight off.
serephine do some made from bamboo which are supposed to be non irritating so may try those

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->