itchy scalp and ears

hira

Reaction score
Hi there,

It has been a while since i have been on here, but as life always does bring you back for one reason or another, since my premature son who is 5 and doing well, then had a lovely baby girl who is 6 months old.
She is fine apart from an itchy scalp and ears;

we have tried the following as below but she is still itching to the point she is cutting herself and this makes her cry and disturbs her sleep pattern.
Any suggestions would be appreciated btw we are not using johnsons shampoo.
  • oilatum
  • almond oil
  • olive oil
  • mustard oil
  • aloe vera (fresh)
  • dreamcream (lush)
  • raw organic coconut oil

Could it be eczema? both my children have it all over them and their scalp often gets bad with three amount of hair they have. when they were little I had to use dermol shower emollient then use epaderm on the bad patches before bed. it meant they always had greasy hair during a flare up but it usually cleared quickly. they are now only bathed once a week as too often causes flare ups on the back and I wash their hair over the sink if it gets too bad on their head x

Could it be eczema? both my children have it all over them and their scalp often gets bad with three amount of hair they have. when they were little I had to use dermol shower emollient then use epaderm on the bad patches before bed. it meant they always had greasy hair during a flare up but it usually cleared quickly. they are now only bathed once a week as too often causes flare ups on the back and I wash their hair over the sink if it gets too bad on their head x

Yes it could be mild form of eczema or cradle cap, i will try your suggestions and let you know thanks a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->