Itchy skin!

mrs unicorn

Reaction score
I'm 9w+2 and for the past few weeks I've had itchy skin on my legs and bum. It's when I sit or lie down, say on the sofa. My skin isn't dry and there's no rash at all. I use coconut oil and burts bees moisturisers but it doesn't seem to be helping. Apparently this is common but it's driving me mad! Has anyone else experienced this or has any remedies?

Omg yes! I'm glad I found this. For days now my legs and arms have been itching so bad...no dry skin, no rash, no allergy etc. Only thing that's changed is pregnancy but I am only just 4 weeks!

Aw congratulations!! Can't remember exactly when but mine started fairly early. I'm thinking about ditching the coconut oil and just trying a moisturiser.

My skin does go really dry in pregnancy, and more so once baby is born.
Wait till your bump really starts to make an appearance, you might find that itches a lot.

I'm itchy all over myself...I thought it was just due to the cold weather lol I use Johnson and Johnson baby lotion and I've been trying to wear loose clothing. Seems to be working.

Yes, I think just using a body moisturiser rather than the coconut oil is working better for me. I know coconut oil is supposed to be amazing for everything but I don't think it absorbs very well and then I end up itchy. I might get some Johnsons as it'll be gentle if it's for babies (and not too expensive)

I have crazy itchy skin when pregnant with DS1. I would itch to the point where i was bleeding. Its quite common to happen during pregnancy. My doc actually had to give me a prescription cream because it got so bad. I also used Vaseline Intensive Care moisturizer. Sorry you are going through this.

I use a combination of coconut oil mixed with baby oil. My lower stomach has been getting itchy lately... Not sure if it's working but it puts my mind at ease lol! Make sure you keep up with your water intake as well. Being dehydrated has a lot to do with the skin drying out.

Oh gosh Mari that sounds awful. Hope you don't get it this time round. Luckily it's not that bad at the moment, just very annoying. I'm going to pick up some bio oil and johnsons baby moisturiser today and see how I go with those.

Peanut I'm normally pretty good and drink a lot of water but on some strong nausea days I've probably not had enough, weird how ANYTHING can make nausea worse!

Peanut I'm normally pretty good and drink a lot of water but on some strong nausea days I've probably not had enough, weird how ANYTHING can make nausea worse!

Oh I feel you there! Lately I can only drink juice in little segments, and it has to be a perfect temp…. It keeps the nausea at bay for a little while. But the rest is history. Sometimes I swear I need to run to the bathroom :nope: Luckily nothing more than it threatening to come up… Yet.

I get itchy on my hips weirdly, I hAve dry patches now where I've been scratching xx

Funny you post this - I was itching my legs like MAD last night. And the night before. I was convinced my leg hair was growing in more prickly making me itchy or something hahaha Was even going on about it to hubby :haha:

So what's the deal with itching during pregnancy?!

I have been really itchy and my eczema has flared up too :( some days it calms right down and others its awful! all over my hands, arms and knees!!
midwife says that sometimes pregnancy can cause this. I didn't have a single bit when prego with son! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->