Itchy Stretch Marks?

nabo86

Mam
Reaction score
Does anyone else have really itchy stretch marks??

I knew that I wouldn't be able to avoid getting them but I have to put moisturiser on 3/4 times a day just to calm the itching... There isn't any rash or anything its just really itchy!!

I can only use e45 moisturiser as I am allergic to so many creams - I don't dare use bio-oil or anything else new until after baby is born in case I have a reaction

I'm hoping its a temporary thing as it'll be a nightmare if I have to put up with this for another 6 weeks!! :wacko:

I have some really ichy ones its normal :/ sorry not much help since you are lim on what you can use :( I can't use coco butter n find that annoying lol but I've been using my face lotion on my tummy and that helps lots

I suggest dont worry about getting stretchmarks until after you have baby, Mine were super itchy too, I used olive oil on mine and hemp lotion. Are you allergic to hemp lotion? It shouldnt itch for the whole 6 weeks, just take everyday at a time.

I had this close to the end of my pregnancy with my son. Its djue to your skin stretching. still mention it to your midwife on your next visit. i did and she said it was perfectly normal. so i wouldnt worry, but still tell her so shes in the know :) xx

I would mention it at your next appointment. Mine used to itch terribly then one day i woke up with a terrible rash all over them and my doctor gave me some steroid cream and the rash went away and they haven't been itchy since.

Yep, mine are itchy, and I also have stretch marks on my hooha...so you can imagine trying to scratch that at work is a nightmare! haha.
Stretch marks will always itch on occasion, it's the same with scars or any skin changes like that.

Yeah mine get itchy sometimes too, I find making sure I am hydrated helps x x

Yep, I have them on my lower bump and its only the ones smack bang in the middle that are itchy. It's driving me nuts too. I'm just keeping up with moisturiser and bio oil any time it gets itchy (and any other time I think of it). Some times the itching is worse than others so hopefully you won't have to put up with it daily for the remainder of your pregnancy.

Mine too!! I find that lotion is more soothing than a thick creamy moisturiser. Still doesn't help for long!!

Yes, I had that during my pregnancy and I also had PUPPS (a horrible rash that you get during pregnancy). Whatever you do don't scratch the stretchmarks or you can make them worse or end up with raw skin.

thanks everyone :) i'm sorry for anyone else gong through this too! I'll let my MW know at my next appointment.

Mine are exactly like you describe Bubsta - i'm glad they don't all itch!

i'll try the hemp oil cos i've read about it and it sounds pretty good :thumbup:

thanks everyone :) i'm sorry for anyone else gong through this too! I'll let my MW know at my next appointment.

Mine are exactly like you describe Bubsta - i'm glad they don't all itch!

i'll try the hemp oil cos i've read about it and it sounds pretty good :thumbup:

Are the itchy ones a different colour? My middle ones appear 'redder' than the others and that is with no scratching. Very annoying isn't it! I hope it eases up for you Hun. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->