Itchy vaginal area and vulva varicose veins

nicem815

Reaction score
Ugh. The title says it all.

I don't have any odors or abnormal discharge. However, I have had vulva veins for a while now which I've been using compression wear for. Lately, I have been SO ITCHT down there. I've heard this happens with the veins and stretching skin but it gets unbearable. I use natural soaps and keep my area clean. I often let it air out at night (no underwear). Yet, I am itching to the point where my husband gets concerned I'm going to hurt my skin every night. Has ANYONE found any creams or remedies that help with this?! I'm desperate.

Stop using soap. Find Summers Eve or other pH balanced wash for the lady bits. Soap is very drying, even natural soaps. Body washes are detergents, not soaps, and the pH can be balanced to make them tear free for kids or easy on the lady bits for adults.

Coconut oil can help with dry skin.

I do not normally need special lady bits soap when not pregnant, but when I am pregnant even the kids super gentle organic soap makes me itch.

Thanks! I have been attempting to use baby wash, too! Just like you experienced, it doesn't help. I'll have to actually purchase feminine wash for now to see if it helps.

Good luck! I was already using the feminine wash I just got in the tub to wash the kiddos, I even rinsed after and it still made me itch, even that diluted.

PLEASE try out a small bottle of the feminine wash first. That stuff makes me ITCH like CRAZY. I tried it out several times and was so angry to have to throw it all out. Starting with my second baby, I started washing the area with baking soda instead of soap. I just keep a little container outside of my shower and grab a small handful before I go in. I make it into sort of a paste, rubbing it onto that area, then wash the rest of my body. I rinse my vulva and vagina at the end of my showers so the baking soda has had time to sit. It works beautifully for me, and it keeps yeast infections away, which I'm prone to while pregnant.

PLEASE try out a small bottle of the feminine wash first. That stuff makes me ITCH like CRAZY. I tried it out several times and was so angry to have to throw it all out. Starting with my second baby, I started washing the area with baking soda instead of soap. I just keep a little container outside of my shower and grab a small handful before I go in. I make it into sort of a paste, rubbing it onto that area, then wash the rest of my body. I rinse my vulva and vagina at the end of my showers so the baking soda has had time to sit. It works beautifully for me, and it keeps yeast infections away, which I'm prone to while pregnant.

Does it not feel scratchy? I've used baking soda to wash my hair before and it felt all grainy! Just yesterday I was using baking soda to scrub the brown grease residue off my skillet, we couldn't get that stuff off for anything and baking soda scrubbed it right off, so it sounds like it would be rough, but then using it on my hair I didn't get that experience.

I don't have any odors or abnormal discharge. However, I have had vulva veins for a while now which I've been using compression wear for. Lately, I have been SO ITCHT down there. I've heard this happens with the veins and stretching skin but it gets unbearable. I use natural soaps and keep my area clean. I often let it air out at night (no underwear). Yet, I am itching to the point where my husband gets concerned I'm going to hurt my skin every night. Has ANYONE found any creams or remedies that help with this?! I'm desperate.

Can I ask if the varicose veins cause you any symptoms? I'm thinking I might have them but I don't have to courage to look even if I could see down there!

Sarah xxx

I am going to try the baking soda today when I shower! Thank you!

Can I ask if the varicose veins cause you any symptoms? I'm thinking I might have them but I don't have to courage to look even if I could see down there!

Sarah xxx

Hmmm the ones on the vulva just feel really puffy when I pee and it feels like the skin in my pubic area is stretching.

Sarah xxx

Hmmm the ones on the vulva just feel really puffy when I pee and it feels like the skin in my pubic area is stretching.

Ah yes that's the same as me. When I sit on the loo it feels swollen and pressure. I'll maybe ask the mw to take a look next week!

Sarah xxx

Ah yes that's the same as me. When I sit on the loo it feels swollen and pressure. I'll maybe ask the mw to take a look next week!

Good luck!! I know they are a pain!

Just found this thread Sarah1980...thank you. I've read up about the varicose veins and it sounds likely, although I daren't look or get my other half to look ha. I'll wait for the Midwife!
Bx

Just found this thread Sarah1980...thank you. I've read up about the varicose veins and it sounds likely, although I daren't look or get my other half to look ha. I'll wait for the Midwife!
Bx

Haha! I wasn't keen either but I felt soooo uncomfortable one night I was just like "would you have a look and see what's going on" it was pointless though as I should have known he'd say he couldn't see anything different! I ended up getting up during the night and standing in a cold shower from the waist down to ease it a bit!

Sarah xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->