Items to buy for baby #2

Wnt2beAMom

Reaction score
I'm having another boy and have most of the necessities for baby...
Carseat, carseat cover, stroller, Moby wrap, blankets, clothes, socks, wash cloths, towels, baby soap/shampoo/lotion, diaper cream, toys, bassinet, a swing, a rock n play, breast pump.

What are some items to remember for a 2nd baby, while a newborn?
I'm thinking I'll still need to get nursing pads, vitamin D drops, diapers, wipes, (cloth diapers didn't work out with my son and sold most of them..), breastmilk storage bags. Might try different pacifiers and bottles/nipples after 2 months..but my son never took any..
What am I missing or you'd recommend?

I'm getting bottles for this baby as I want to start combination feeding around 6 weeks. My son never ever accepted a bottle or dummy either, I think I left it too late to try him on a bottle and it would've been nice to sometimes have the option to.

Remember toiletries and a baby bath if you need one.

A baby carrier/sling/wrap if you plan to use one. I'll be putting baby in one for things like dropping my son off/picking him up from school - we live right across the road so won't be worth putting her in the stroller for that.

My opinion? Nothing, now. Wait. If you decide your baby has a need that isn't being met by the things you currently have, buy it then... chances are you'll find a thing or two that you (or we ;) ) wouldn't even think of now. That's how it's gone for ALL of my subsequent babies, anyway. :)

I'm getting bottles for this baby as I want to start combination feeding around 6 weeks. My son never ever accepted a bottle or dummy either, I think I left it too late to try him on a bottle and it would've been nice to sometimes have the option to.

Remember toiletries and a baby bath if you need one.

A baby carrier/sling/wrap if you plan to use one. I'll be putting baby in one for things like dropping my son off/picking him up from school - we live right across the road so won't be worth putting her in the stroller for that.

Yes, I plan to wear baby a lot more. I have a Moby wrap, ring sling, chimparoo wrap, Ergo, and Lilibaby lol!!
Also, will try bottles and pacifiers more...

My opinion? Nothing, now. Wait. If you decide your baby has a need that isn't being met by the things you currently have, buy it then... chances are you'll find a thing or two that you (or we ;) ) wouldn't even think of now. That's how it's gone for ALL of my subsequent babies, anyway. :)

Very true :)

Nappy bags/sangenic system whatever you are going to use. To be honest apart from nappies/lansinoh/breast pump stuff there isn't much I'm going to buy at this stage as I want to see what we do or don't need as we had so much stuff with number 1 that we never used!

Number one thing for me is batch cooking, I had a freezer full of prepared meals the first time around and it kept us going for ages, best thing I ever did as we would have ended up on ready meals otherwise!

I only have bottles, formula, pacifiers, diapers, and wipes on my list. Oh and a crib mattress. Outside of that I have it left over from ds or didn't need it with him so why bother this time..

Sounds like your pretty set:thumbup: I've been thinking same, still have our pram and crib from when our toddler was a baby, still in excellent condition so no need to buy them again. Have had to buy a new Moses basket, mattress and clothes/blankets etc as we have a DD and this baby's a boy. We can use some of the white cellular blankets again etc but have a lot of pink/lemon etc:haha: so bought some new ones as well. Still need to buy a baby bath as we have ours away to a friend when lo outgrew it.
The only thing I'd suggest you could buy is a new mattress for the bassinet and a baby bath?

You will have the same age gap as me. My boy is now 7 week old and I have now gone out to buy a double pram, a buggy board and a moby wrap. I didn't anticipate how difficult it would be to get out and about with a newborn and a toddler and it was so stressful holding toddlers hand and pushing the pram when the toddler wants to nosey at everything and ends up walking sideways and sometimes u just need to get somewhere and not go slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->