Its early days but choosing a name is part of our dream.....

Tattybear2706

Reaction score
I wont bring this section of the forum down with details (its in my signature), but even though I'm only 9 weeks we've been thinking of names since our first pregnancy in 2011.

Our girls name has always been 'Ruby Elizabeth' and we love it. However boys names, impossible Hehe. Middle name will be Edward after my fil.

Some names we can think of are:

Henry
Louie
Freddie
Oliver (ollie)
Bobby

I don't like one syllable names. I don't like what i call american new names like Brogan, Cody, colbin, greyson, nolan etc..... No offence they just aren't my cup of tea.

Names already in my family are:

Alfie
Archie
Riley
Luke
Callum
Connor
Corey

Thank you in advance xxx

I like all of your choices :). My favourite is Louie.
Some suggestions:
Theodore
Benjamin (nn Benji)
Huey
Oscar

Or how about Edward as the first name? Eddie, Ted, Teddy, Ed- all cute nicknames :)

I like the suggestion as Edward as the first name.

I like Freddie and Oliver out of your list. My lb is called Alex Joseph Edward :)

Out of your list I like Freddie (though I don't think it flows well with Edward?) and I really like Bobby!

I like the above suggestions of Theodore and Oscar too. Or what about Samuel? Or Noah? Sounds like you like more traditional names? :thumbup:

PS congrats on your pregnancy and best of luck!

I like Noah but hubby doesn't like it. I wouldn't use Edward as a first name only a second name. I like Freddie but agree 'Freddie Edward' doesn't sound right. Im not keen on oscar. Back to the drawing board :) we did decide on 'Jack Edward' at one point but i've since realised i prefer names with more than one syllable :)

Hey,

All nice names! I like Henry and Louie best I think.

Just a thought but would you consider Frederick or Robert and then calling your son Freddie or Bobby for short? It would him the option of sounding more formal if he wanted (like on a resume or wherever you put your full name all written out?), since the name Edward (great name!) is rather formal sounding and might look more natural with a more formal first name?

Seems like we have similar tastes as I have a Jack and a Freddie :D

I love Henry and I feel it goes well with Edward. Other names we liked were Charlie (we want to use this if we have a third boy!) Archie (I see you can't use this though) Benjamin and George

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->