Itti Bitti AIO or SIO?

MrsMils

New Mummy
Reaction score
Hi everyone :hi: Cloth newbie here!

I'm keen to try cloth nappies when LO is born, DH is enthusiastic too, but wants to keep it as simple as possible, so IB's look like a good place to start! (It has taken me a while to get my head around all of the different options!)

I've bought a few AIOs and one SIO, I was going to buy another 3 (enough to get me started as to begin with as we won't be using cloth at night), but can't decide to get SIOs or AIOs. So basically - please can I have people's experiences of both! My main concern is leakage, the SIO looks quite bulky which looks like it might make the nappy gape at the leg?

Any other recommendations for good 'easy' cloth for newborns?

Thank you!! :hugs:

AIO! I bought every colour in the SIO and had to sell all of them because they gaped and leaked so badly xx

SIO for me. AIOs are outwetted in no time by Imi x

Thanks guys! It looks like I may need to buy a couple more SIOs and then experiment with both sorts? They seem to have a very high resale, so hopefully I wouldn't lose out too much if I really preferred one sort.

Any suggestions for other nappies good for newborns?

Mix and match!

I have half and half in my stash, I find AIOS soooo easy and simple to wash as the SIO's sometimes come apart and spend forever putting together, then again SIO's are wayyyy more absorbant!

Mix and match!

I have half and half in my stash, I find AIOS soooo easy and simple to wash as the SIO's sometimes come apart and spend forever putting together, then again SIO's are wayyyy more absorbant!

Thanks! How many would you think I need altogether? I'm so clueless about all of this!!

We dont get on with sio but love aios :D

Mix and match!

Thanks! How many would you think I need altogether? I'm so clueless about all of this!!

Depends how often you are going to wash them and if they will be the majority of your stash? I have 21 ittis *gulp* but I'm starting to hate them a little bit as I have to change LO every 2 hours cause they just are not absorbant enough now and find other brands of nappies soooo much better! :cry: x

Depends how often you are going to wash them and if they will be the majority of your stash? I have 21 ittis *gulp* but I'm starting to hate them a little bit as I have to change LO every 2 hours cause they just are not absorbant enough now and find other brands of nappies soooo much better! :cry: x

I was recommended them for ease of use, particularly for DH, I love the slim fitting/low rise, but of course practicalities are more important than looks!! I kind of figured that absorbency wasn't as much of a problem to start with as a teeny one is going to have to be changed pretty often anyway, but I've also bought the mini boosters to go in them - do you use these?

Which other brands are much better/will still be appropriate while bubs is still only a few weeks? (I'm trying to do the 'start as you mean to go on' and get myself prepared so I can use them as soon as the tar poo stage is over!!).

Sorry for all of the questions - thank you so much for your help!

Are the SIO just the same as the AIO excpet they can be took apart? No? :blush:

The newbie in me coming out lol

I have both :)

Kind of but the SIO's are thicker cause of the trifold thingy!

I was recommended them for ease of use, particularly for DH, I love the slim fitting/low rise, but of course practicalities are more important than looks!! I kind of figured that absorbency wasn't as much of a problem to start with as a teeny one is going to have to be changed pretty often anyway, but I've also bought the mini boosters to go in them - do you use these?

Which other brands are much better/will still be appropriate while bubs is still only a few weeks? (I'm trying to do the 'start as you mean to go on' and get myself prepared so I can use them as soon as the tar poo stage is over!!).

Sorry for all of the questions - thank you so much for your help!

Ittis were great when my LO was newborn, just now she is bordering mediums/larges tand wee'ing a lot they are just not working out :cry: I liked using little lambs for newborn sizes along with ittis- and at the moment am loving Issy Bears, Blueberrys and Ecobubs :thumbup: xx

Hi! Having done a bit of googling etc some people seem to prefer one sort to the other, mainly due to leaking, I was planning on getting a combo, but didn't want to invest in SIOs if people on here thought that they leaked more often because they didn't fit around the legs as well? (As well as the SIOs being quicker to dry as they can be taken apart) How have you found yours?

Sorry - I'm pretty clueless! :blush:

Ittis were great when my LO was newborn, just now she is bordering mediums/larges tand wee'ing a lot they are just not working out :cry: I liked using little lambs for newborn sizes along with ittis- and at the moment am loving Issy Bears, Blueberrys and Ecobubs :thumbup: xx

Super - thank you! Maybe I'll get a couple of Little Lambs to go alongside the ittis for now and then think about buying all the other exciting (and pretty!) ones when LO is out of the small ittis?

Thanks so much for your help! :flower:

You are welcome! best advice I can give is don't stick to one kind of nappies as you are screwed if they don't work out for you :) try one of different types and see what you get on with and sell the rest on here if you don't get on with them :flower: x

Firstly, I am soooooooo excited to see you in this section :headspin: :yipee: :hugs:

Secondly, I have half AIO and half SIOs cos like others have said, you can't tell at all how they will fit till Bubs is here. And they resell SO well too so it's not a huge loss if they don't work out.

For the start I've got Mini Deluxe Blueberries (which are tiny and super cute!!), Small Blueberries (SO lovely- similar to itti's in the cute factor but pocket nappies), and small Bum Genius's.

xx

thechaosismex just being nosey where bouts in wiltshire you from!?

Hey there,

I've only tried the SIOs but haven't really got on with them. I find that they leak for my LO as the gape at the leg too much.

Having said that though, I think my little man is already a heavy wetter as he sometimes wets through disposables too!!

Loving my BGs for absorbancy although they are not as pretty as the ittis :(
x

Thanks JadeyB, how do the BGs fit on a little one?

Thanks JadeyB, how do the BGs fit on a little one?

I thought they would be really bulky but they are not too bad at all. They come with a smaller insert for newborns which helps and it seems to be absorbent enough.

I'm really pleased with them for practicality. I just wish they were fluffy!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->