IUD and pregnancy?

Reaction score
I have no idea where else to post this. I havent been on here in a while because well Ive just been crazy busy with my son, hes 4 months old now and my daughter, shes starting gymnastics and in 1st grade.
well my question is, is it possible to get pregnant with an IUD? :shrug:
The reason I ask is, I feel like some of the same things are happening as they did with my last pregnancy. Im worried my mind may just be playing tricks on me. Ive had some slight cramping pain to the left side of my lower pelvic area on and off. Like an uncomfortable pain and Im wondering if its possible my IUD slipped or something. Ive been having episodes of feeling ill, not nausea per se, but just feeling a bit lightheaded and like I need to lay down for a few. Im breastfeeding and havent had any pain while doing so, and recently for like the past 2 weeks, my nipples have been sore everytime Ive fed. For the last week Ive been completely exhausted. Where before Ive gotten up at 630am no problem and have had a schedule that ive stuck with but now :nope:

Im just worried and I dont want to freak OH out. Any help on this would be great!!!:thumbup:

I have no experience of IUD and don't know how safe it's supposed to be, but I got pg on the pill so it could happen if theres even a 1% chance. Take a test if it's been a couple of weeks, then tell OH if you don't want to worry him beforehand. Best of luck, really hope you get the result you want :) Big hugs! xx

Thanks for responding!!!

I have no clue, I cant even go by my period because I havent had one since I gave birth!

Yeah that makes it even more difficult! You said you'd had symptoms for a few weeks, and you know your body better than anyone else, so you'll know when's best to test (lol that rhymes) :p xx

:flower: Calm down. I just went through this. The best thing you can do is to make an appointment with your OB and get a blood pregnancy test done.

I had all the pregnancy symptons and was seriously freaking out because I've had the Mirena in for over a year now. I took three pregnancy tests that all came out faintly positive (turns out they were just evap lines from the blue dye pregnancy tests which I had no clue about cause I've always used pink and never bought blue before). So, yeah, that was scary.

I went to the doctor and they did a pregnancy test and it was negative.

My doctor said I did the right thing coming in though because if I was pregnant it would have most likely been a tubal pregnancy and they'd have to terminate it OR it could be a properly implanted pregnancy but they would want to remove the IUD to prevent further complications and/or stillbirth but there was a possibility of miscarrying.

So, just make an appointment with you OB to check.

Thanks! Im trying not to freaked out. But its hard especially since ive been reading online on other sites about ALOT of women who have gotten pregnant while having an IUD in and breastfeeding!! HOLY COW!!!! Is there anything that can keep you from getting pregnant. What also worries me, is that Im extremely fertile during the month of september for some reason, or it seems so anyway, Ive been pregnant 3 times and every time Ive gotten pregnant in the month of September. Seriously!!!! The second ended in miscarriage unfortunately but I guess with everything its just a psychological thing and im just worrying myself for no reason.
What made me ask today after everything thats been going on is I have this fullness feeling constantly again and Ive been peeing constantly which made me wonder if I have a UTI. But now Im wondering if its not a UTI but a BABY!!!!!
OMG!!!!!! ok I have to stop now cuz I just have all these worries running through my head.

Hi -dont want to worry you but my sis DID fall pg with her IUD in - a copper coil, she had it removed and went on to have a perfectly healthy pregnancy, a friend of mine also fell pg with an IUD (copper too, although this time 15 yrs ago) and they couldn't remove the coil due to the pregancy being too advanced and the postion of the coil in-utero in relation to foetus. She also had a healthy pregnancy, although was prob worried out of her mind the whole time -well I would be!! Also i have heard that there is a higher risk of ectopic pregnancy when you have a coil in too, which doesn't always show positive on a HPT -so be careful with that one. I think mirena give even higher success rates for preventing pregnancy though than the copper ones.

Try not to worry but if you are concerned get yourself checked out.
However just remember, you have recently had a baby , and it sounds like you have a hectic family life and its normal for you to feel a bit tired at times, I have 3 kids and none of them babies and i feel totally exhausted a lot of times. Any possibility your af could be returning too, i was one of the unfortunate ones who's af returned in first few months despite solely bfing.

Good luck, hope everything works out the way you want and congratulations on your lovely family.

xx

Thanks!! I havent had any signs of AF since giving birth. the only bleeding i had was right after giving birth and it last i think 17 days. I have the Mirena, so its prolly unlikely then. But what freaked me out is that I read online how women with the mirena got pregnant. I think my worries are only steming mostly from the fact that Ive been very very fertile during the month of september for some reason. every year during september it seems like.
Well that and some "symptoms" ive been getting recently. I had the mirena put in 5 weeks after giving birth. We were told not to have sex for 2 weeks after having it placed, which we didnt, and then to use protection for the following 2 weeks, which ONCE we didnt, but I dont think he went inside (sorry if TMI). I think it was the pre stuff. But I took a test a week or two after that cuz I was worried and it came out negative, this was 3 months ago about.
I have no clue anymore, I should just stop guessing!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->