IUDs?

P

purple_socks

Who has one of these? how r they fitted? did it hurt? i'm considering getting one coz i don't like the idea of any hormone based pills and condoms r a)expensive and b) a bit of a mood killer! i wanna know all abt the procedure and what its like having one so pls share ur stories...

I had one fitted after I had DS and I have to say I wouldnt get another one. The pain of getting them in isnt really a problem but when we were doing the dirty we were both aware that it was there as DH found it quite uncomfortable. I would imagine its one of those things that everyone finds different though.

Getting it in there is just a case of laying down and the doctors using a speculum and then it is literally a case of pushing it up there

i had a failed fitting and yes it hurt ....2 wks ago we tried again and it was fine just uncomfatble ...tho periods are going to be longer and heavy i was told x

there are 2 types of coil....
the traditional copper lasts 5 years and periods can be heavier and longer
the new coil (IUD) mirena also lasts 5 years and has a small amount of hormone within it but very little gets into your system. Side effects of mirena are irregular bleeding but with most women periods stop (great side effects!!)
occasionally a few spots (skin)

Both don't affect future fertility.

Fitted like having a smear... if you've had a baby, it's less painful as the cervix is softer and more open.

I am getting a Mirena at my 6 week check. I didn't have any issues when :sex: with my OH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->