IUGR and uterine notching.

vixxen

Mom of 4
Reaction score
Hi was just wondering when about people delivered with these problems.
And any advice really,as consultant is good just has not really explained much to me.
I'm currently being checked twice a week for blood/oxygen flow,once a fortnight growth scan.Baby long bones are on the 10th percentile estimated weight is 1lb 2oz.
My blood pressure is starting to rise and am really scared as not even 24 weeks yet.

Her weight seem about right for her gestation, that's the average weight of a 23/24 week baby and that's what she is. Obviously the doctors are concerned that she will develop iugr down the line because ur cord isn't working properly?

I had iugr and my almost 29week baby weighed the same as an average 25week baby. So my cord hadn't worked for that long b4 it was picked up.

24 weeks is a scary time to deliver and I really hope u get to hold on longer. As long as baby seems to be coping in there they will keep her in, the first sign of distress and they will whip her out.

But don't be to stressed about it Hun, babies born this early have gone on to be strong little healthy babies.

Good luck

One of my twins has iugr. At 27 weeks he weighed 1lb 1oz and size for GA of 23w3d. Your baby is doing a bit better. Mine has only gained three oz ever two wks so far. Rest on your left for bp. I know its hard with how scary the dr talk is. My 'goal' was 28 wks from the dr. I'm 28/4 today. Just be ready that if there is distress they will deliver at any time. Up your protein, rest, and talk to your baby. Xxx

I had bilateral uterine notching, and baby was IUGR. I had our boy Andrew at 29+1 weeks, having received the steroid jabs at 28 weeks. He was born weighing just 1lb 6oz.

He'll turn 3 years old in August :) Doesn't time fly!!

My son was iugr born at 37 weeks weighing 4lbs 10 oz's

He stopped growing at 32 weeks and then didn't catch it till my 35 week growth scan, He's now going on 4 months and weighs almost 12 pounds!!

Try not to stress it's not good and think positive!

Thanks ladies am trying to be positive, just discharged myself from hospital as having issues with social services regarding them mentioning foster care for my other kids.They are happy at moment with family members!
Had the steroids and will be more than happy if i at least make it to 28 weeks!
Kelly6407 yes she has iugr because of size of her bones not so much weight being the issue though all my others were at least 9ozs more at 22 weeks then she was 1.02ozs estimated.The cord is the issue at the moment the flow is starting to stop (absent) out of baby, the problem is when it reverses.
Marleysgirl was it because of reversal for you? why you delivered? and was you in hospital before hand as am scared now as don't know what to do for the best.Hoping i am in as i know my case is very serious just hoping and praying for a couple more weeks!then i will stay intil delivery.

Marleysgirl was it because of reversal for you? why you delivered? and was you in hospital before hand as am scared now as don't know what to do for the best.

Yes, I had notching which they were monitoring, but it was when a scan showed flow reversal that things became urgent. I had the steroid jabs, and was scanned every 2 days from then on. (I only lived 3 miles from the hospital so could get in quickly.) The steroids stopped the reversed flow for a short while.

I was actually due for a scan at 3pm on the Wednesday, one week after the steroid jabs, but I phoned my consultant around 11am that day because I'd felt no movement since waking up (baby was normally active early in the morning). He called me in earlier, and scanned me in his lunch-hour. Because I'd had the steroids and been warned about what might happen, I already had my hospital bag with me ... I was delivered at 7:40pm that same day. It would have been earlier but they had to wait 6 hours after my last meal and I'd eaten lunch on the way! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->