IUGR - baby measuring behind. Struggling to cope :(

Demotivated

Reaction score
Hello ladies..

I am 34wks today.. Had a scan for growth on Wednesday (as i have borderline low amniotic fluid and mild resistance in umblical artery)..

All these weeks of last trimester, i have been struggling with low-normal amno fluid and all.. Baby was always measuring in 11-13th percentile for weight etc. No concerns, since me n DH are short and doc said it is fine.

However, this scan..baby was measuring in 6th percentile.. official IUGR.. There has been literally no growth.. Abdominal circum went up only by 2mm.. Fluid levels still low (AFI = 7.5)

I am really worried as to what now.. Doc says we need weekly monitoring and if fluid levels go down or baby completely stops growing, we will need to take him out immediately.. But my baby is so tiny.. Just about 4LBS.. how will he cope up :(

Anybody has had such experiences? looking for some positivity. Tx

awww hun :hugs: baby will do brilliantly dont worry. My boy wasnt as small but stopped growing around 35 weeks and it wasnt noticed (my scan tech was crap and kept telling us he was a big baby.. expect 8/9lb minimum). he was born 40+6 at 5lb 14oz.

They will monitor you very closely :hugs: if baby comes out then they will probably spend a little time in nicu/scbu but i couldnt imagine it being overly long hun. I would guess baby would just be a feeder and grower and possibly need a little oxygen to start with :hugs: xxxx

My DS had undiagnosed IUGR..he came out at 4 pounds 5 ounces at 37 weeks (I went in for reduced fetal movement and they realized there was no amniotic fluid). He's now a healthy almost 3 year old:) As long as they monitor you closely you'll be fine...

My dd had iugr and I was induced at 37 weeks. She was just over 5 pounds and was and is as healthy as can be. Just small! She loved her breast milk and grew fast! Sometimes they do better out than in if they have iugr.

my son was iugr, found out at 28 weeks, he was born at 29 weighing 2lb 5. He is fine, we saw so many babies born later, 34 weeks is good. baby should be fine if born now, baby may be in neonatal for a short while but generally not very long, 4lb and 35 weeks is what the limits were for my neonatal unit to let them home at all. So please dont panic.

My last two babies were iugr. They both came a bit early and were fine. Taking their time catching up, but getting there.
This baby is now being monitored as at his last scan he grew two weeks over three. The expectation is that he will come even earlier and smaller than his sisters. The doctors are keeping a good eye on him and I'm happy if he needs to come early as I've seen how well the babies thrive on the outside (given they weren't getting what they needed inside).
Im sure your baby will be fine.

Thanks for all the positivity girls.. Have been scheduled for an NST and bio physical profile as of now on Friday (35 weeks). Doctor wants to bring him out as soon as i complete 37 weeks..Even if he shows some signs of growth, it is fine according to them..but if growth stalls, it is better to nourish the baby outside rather than keep it inside the hostile environment..

My son stopped growing between 28-34 weeks. SCans between 34 and 36 weeks showed static growth. He was born at 4lbs, had to be induced ASAP as he had stopped. He's perfectly healthy now.

Second pregnancy and awaiting my scans to tell me whether it's happening again, I know how frightening it is.

4lbs is a great size Hun. And I'm sure baby will do fine at that size if born early :D My daughter had servere iugr and stopped growing completely at 22 weeks. :( I had an emergency cection at 29 weeks and sadly my baby girl was to tiny to fight at only 430 grams she passed away at 9 days old :( But be confident that your a lot further gone and your baby's weight is great Hun xx

My baby had iugr and was 3lb 10 at almost term and has something wrong with him. Iugr has many many causes. Sounds like your doc is doing everything he could possibly do. Hope everything works out ok x

My DD had IUGR. Born at 37 via c section and gained 100g by day 2. She was 2.3kgs at birth.

She is still little, 10th centile, but that is because of her 22q.

Well..baby has picked up some weight.. Measuring at around 4lb 10 oz at 36 wks. Doctor is saying if birth Weight is 5.5 lb, baby won't b classified as iugr.

However, with my low amniotic fluid issues going on, I m likely to be induced next Friday. Stressed.

I was induced with dd on 37 weeks due to iugr. 37 weeks is technically term! Your lo will do great outside and probably be happy to eat, lol.

I hope everything continues to go well! My brother and I were both IUGR babies in the 1980s. He's a strapping lad at over 6 feet tall...we are both very healthy. I went through early childhood on the 1st to 3rd centiles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->