IUI, 1 follicle, any hope??

Robyn321

Reaction score
Hi everyone, am hoping for a bit of reassurance or alternatively a reality check....

DH and I are ttc our first. Had 2 failed iuis the last 2 months with 50mg clomid and trigger shot. This month (with new doc) had 100mg clomid, trigger shot and third iui.

Question is: by day 13 I had 1 mature follicle and another which was growing but which the doc wasn't very hopeful about. However they went ahead and did the iui on Monday (2 days ago, day 16). Should we have gone ahead? Is there any hope of actually conceiving on this cycle? It seems that lots of people have 3 or more follicles when they do iuis...

Yup, don't worry hun. All you need is one good egg! :hugs:

Yeah, in a normal (not assisted) cycle there is only one follicle & only one egg!!!

My clinic won't let you have any more than 2 mature follies for IUI anyway, cause of the rick of multiples.

Good luck!!!

1 is all u need so don't lose hope!!!! I had a friend that got preg with just 1 follicle!!!!

Best of luck!!!

Thanks everyone, that's what I needed to hear - particularly that your friend got preg with 1 follicle PR&TR13! :)

She wasn't ov and the FS gave her some meds and an injection. Her injections didn't come in so she wan't hopefull and had to only take the meds but then she did an ultrasound and found 1 follicle and good lining she still wasn't very hopefull but decided to try anyways and she got her BFP!!!! She's now 3 months preg. She def helps keep me going and not losing hope & faith. We have the same FS so I trust him, he knows his stuff.

Like most people said you only need 1 egg and 1 sperm :)

I agree with the other ladies 1 is all that is needed.

That's so great PR&TR - I'll definitely keep that story in mind - need all the hope I can get! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->