IUI #3 - tips and success stories?

Megan0625

Reaction score
Hi everybody! My wife and I are moving on to IUI #3 (the 2nd medicated cycle) and I'm feeling extremely nervous but hopeful. We've switched protocols a bit and are trying Femara instead of Clomid, and we will be adding Progesterone suppositories as well so I'm hoping 3rd time's the charm. My hormones appear normal, my HSG was normal, and there is no suspected endo, so there is really no apparent reason why it shouldn't work. Unfortunately though, after 2 failed attempts, I'm obviously extremely nervous (especially because this costs a lot of money out of pocket) and am trying to stay positive. Does anybody have an IUI #3 success story or any words of encouragement? I want to be super excited but I can't help but be scared. Thanks in advance!

My twin boys were a third time lucky IUI! It's been a while though so I don't remember what we used, just that it was not Clomid, it may well have been Femara and I remember we had Ovidrel for the trigger shot. Good luck!

My twin boys were a third time lucky IUI! It's been a while though so I don't remember what we used, just that it was not Clomid, it may well have been Femara and I remember we had Ovidrel for the trigger shot. Good luck!
Thank you for the reply! I'm definitely feeling good about this cycle. We are trying two 2.5mg tablets/day of Femara, an ovidrel trigger shot, along with progesterone suppositories starting day 4 after trigger. We changed the protocol a bit from last time and I have no signs of fertility issues, plus I just did my HSG two weeks ago, so fingers crossed that all the conditions are right this time! Thanks again!

Hi, I can't help with personal experiences, just wanted to wish all the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->