IUI plus Clomid Sucess Stories?

KBP

Reaction score
Just looking for some encouragement...for my next cycle I will be taking 50 mg Clomid plus an IUI. Seeing as the Sucess rates are only slightly higher than timed intercourse, I'm not feeling too optimistic. :(

One year ttc, all tests came back normal....its been a long year...

I did two iui's. It worked on the second try. Clomid + ovidrel trigger. We also did monitoring. Just try to stay positive. It does work sometimes.

Hi MMW. What is the ovidrel trigger?

Ovidrel is a trigger shot. When the follicle(s) reach a certain size, they have you trigger, and then (in my case at least) IUI was 24-36 hours later. The trigger shot induces ovulation.

We were successful our first IUI after 2.5yrs of ttc on our own. I took 100mg of clomid days 3-7 and the trigger shot (Ovidrel) 36hrs b4 the procedure. My dh has low count and low motility. His post wash count was only 2mil which is not good. We were told that it wouldn't work and to move to IVF next round, but they were wrong. IUI is great bc they bipass your cervix and the sperm just sits there and waits for the egg. It is a very quick and easy procedure. I want to wish you the best of luck and hope it is successful the first time.
:dust:

Smile just gave me some hope. I just had our first IUI today (on 100mg of Clomid). After they did the wash we found out that the count was very low and not looking promising, only 2.2mil. I'm so afraid that it really is coming down to the possibility that we will have to go the IVF route. Going to hear from my RE tomorrow for contingency plans if this doesn't work.

Smile just gave me some hope. I just had our first IUI today (on 100mg of Clomid). After they did the wash we found out that the count was very low and not looking promising, only 2.2mil. I'm so afraid that it really is coming down to the possibility that we will have to go the IVF route. Going to hear from my RE tomorrow for contingency plans if this doesn't work.

I really hope you have a miracle success story. Fxd for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->