Iv Had 3 Premature births will my next one be ?

johnoblueshoe

Expecting number 5
Reaction score
I just wanted to know the chances of my current pregnancy being an early labour...

My Birthing history
1st Twin 34 weeks
2nd singleton 36 weeks
3rs singleton 37 weeks

anyone know my chances ??

Depends what the reason is hunny - but theres no reason why you shouldnt get to at least 37 weeks again if you did before? (37 is considered fullterm) :hugs: Do you know why you previously had preterm births?

I've had 2 early births and the dr has just recently decided i have an irritable uterus - classic symptoms are truck loads of braxton hicks for much of the pregnancy. If you can work out why as sb said, it might be easier to tell.

I've had 2 early births and the dr has just recently decided i have an irritable uterus - classic symptoms are truck loads of braxton hicks for much of the pregnancy. If you can work out why as sb said, it might be easier to tell.

how early were your births hun and how would i know if i had a irritable uterus... i am already getting quite bad braxton hicks ...

I just googled it after the dr suggested that's what i had and it was spot on for me. I found story after story that matched by situation. Irritable uterus is just one thing that causes premature labour, for you it could be anything. With the irritable uterus you can have stacks of braxton hicks close together for long periods of time throughout your pregnancy and usually they don't make you start dilating but occasionally like in my case sometimes they do. I had tightenings from 12 weeks. My bh are now constant and often painful but they aren't making me dilate. It's a tricky thing to have because you never know when its BH or the real thing which is why i ended up with prems. I was 4cm+ and just having a lot of painless BH when i had both my boys. This time around i've had painful BH for 2 and a half weeks so far after painless bh from 12 weeks. Lots of people with IU go to full term though so it's a confusing thing to have. If any of this is familiar to you than you should speak to your dr/midwife because there are things you can do to get as far as possible ie. bedrest, no sex etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->