I've been 3 cm dilated for a week and just lost my "bloody show" mucous plug??? Help

calm81

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

After my doctor told me that he will be inducing me on Wednesday march 11th, I've finally started taking the relaxed approached to this pregnancy and basically gave up obsessing over every cramp, braxton hicks etc. Telling myself,"Wed March 11th is the date I'm not worrying about when I will go into labor" and then 5 minutes ago happens.....

I thought I lost my mucous plug a couple weeks ago because it was a thick quarter sized gelatin (no blood) blob (LOL) but 5 minutes ago I was strapping my toddler son into his toddler roller skates when all of a sudden I felt wetness. I awkwardly walked to the bathroom to investigate and there was a HUGE gelatin glob mess on my panties with tinges of blood in it...the "real" mucous plug/bloody show??

The thing is I'm already 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced...wouldn't the loss of the plug happen BEFORE dilation began?

So now I'm wondering, is labor approaching, like, soon? Hours??? Or should I just kick back and assume to expect the schedule Wednesday as delivery day?

Ugh!!!!

:dohh:

TIA :flower:

Exactly in the same boat here! Will be induced on Tuesday if nothing happens and lost my mucus plug today too!! I do hope things get started for us soon!!!

Exactly in the same boat here! Will be induced on Tuesday if nothing happens and lost my mucus plug today too!! I do hope things get started for us soon!!!

Lol, i'm so glad I can share this with other ladies...

My husband was like, "eew.. bloody mucous plug??" So noooooo disgusting this with him. :haha:

I was dilated at a 4CM and 80% effaced on a Monday. The next day I passed my mucus plug. Went into labor Thursday night at 9pm and had baby girl at 8:01AM Friday. So the plug doesn't have to be lost until after you start dilating. (I was going to be induced the following Monday if she didn't come on her own).

I didn't lose my mucus plug with dd until I was 41 weeks and had a membrane sweep. But I was already dilated to 2 cm and went to a 3 after the sweep. I had dd about 18 hours after that! Good luck!

I have read that the bloody show (which is what you are referring to) deems labor more imminent than the mucus plus. Mucus plug can always re form, however, the bloody show usually means labor is soon!! :)

Ahhh! That's so exciting! I was wondering the same
Thing!!!

I don't ever remember losing my plug but the doctor specifically told me I was 3-4cm dilated and 60% and that she could feel babies head through my cervix. I immediately wondered where and when my plug went. But I still have a lot a lot of thick Cm and was wondering if I even had lost it yet.

I hope it's close for you! With dd#2 I had her within 24 hours. If I were you and wanting to avoid inductions I would start sex squatting and running lol

I think it looks like things are heading the right way. I don't know if you could still have some plug left if you've already dilated but it's possible. I don't think I had a bloody show that I know about last time.

Very exciting ... It really is a good sign things are moving along ! I have read up on it a lot and it seems it's a sign labour is starting really soon for most people ( for the odd one not.)

I have been googling it obsessively since I lost mine and went into early labour at 34 weeks ... They stopped it with meds though and now I'm 36 weeks so I don't think that's a good example ! I would hate for hubby to look through my search history .... He would be totally freaked out lol :haha:

It could happen any time, with my second i had a bloody show 22hrs before she was born and with my third it was 3 days before.
good luck!

Very exciting ... It really is a good sign things are moving along ! I have read up on it a lot and it seems it's a sign labour is starting really soon for most people ( for the odd one not.)

I have been googling it obsessively since I lost mine and went into early labour at 34 weeks ... They stopped it with meds though and now I'm 36 weeks so I don't think that's a good example ! I would hate for hubby to look through my search history .... He would be totally freaked out lol :haha:

YES!!! THIS^^^^ If hubby saw my computer history he wouldn't eat for a MONTH!!! :blush::blush: Images on "bloody show" had me feeling icky, myself. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->