'I've got a bad back...again!' sick of myself saying it!!!

laurajo24

Reaction score
Are there any chronic back pain sufferers out there???

I've had problems since I was 15. I bent over and pretty much got stuck! I've had twinges on and off since (11years!) but over the last month its gotten sooo much worse! I got out of the car and felt a twinge in my lower back. It got worse and worse until i couldn't stand up straight. I had to rest for about 5 days before it got a bit better. Not easy to rest when you're a single mum to a boisterous 15 month old. This happened about a month ago.

I've been in a lot of pain ever since. I'm working full time (teaching) which i know isn't helping but i do try and sit as much as i can.

I'm getting pains in my hips, shooting down my legs and my legs feel really heavy sometimes like they're not under my control. Its's really getting me down :cry:

Has anyone got any tips to help you cope at work/with kids etc? I have to carry on living my life but my back is starting to get in the way!

Thanks in advance

:hug:

I have suffered with a bad back since I was 13 (I am nearly 20 now, so not as long as you) because I was showing my dad a mark on his car and twisted my back and pulled something. Then when I was 14 I was doing archery and pulled something. Since then I get serve back and neckache to the point I am in tears and can't hold LO :(

My best friend at the moment is diclofenic (or how ever you spell it) and ibuprofen, have you tried it? x

I swear by acupuncture IRS amazing for bab backs mines a injury from being a ballet dancer and I always have acupuncture

Hi :)

There are many reasons on why you may be suffering from back pain. I could offer some suggestions on here, but without seeing you it would be just guessing. You have a muscular/postural imbalance that needs to be identified.

You should go see someone who practices ART.Google "ART massage".
Look around on there and you will find someone in your area who can help you.

I know sometimes it seems like you will suffer from back pain for the rest of your life, but often times it's a quick adjustment and you can be pain free

good luck!

The secret is the psoas. Look it up on Google & YouTube.

Find a physio who does the 'psoas release technique'. Pretty easy to do, but not taught in most physio courses! Unbelievable! So, if they sound confused, go elsewhere.

The psoas attaches to the lower 6 vertabrae AND the pelvis.

If in doubt, get the book "Front to Back" by Aileen Jefferis.

I have a bad back...... suffer from herniated discs causing pain in my legs and hips. The pain shoots up and down my legs and I have occasional numbness.... had physio didnt work at all....just recently had an epidural injection ..pain doesnt seem as bad now i have got over side effects, not had pain relief for 5 days but ive had a clingy toddler today who has constantly wanted picking up and im suffering a bit tonight.
I just try to keep on top of my painkillers and wear heat pads and rest on a night, also family and hubby are great and help with jobs in house etc.
work have been brilliant and have adapted things for me, ie no lifting etc.

Good luck!! message me if u want a chat! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->