I've started a carrier obsession!

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
So I wanted to cloth dipe, but we haven't got our own washer, so it makes it difficult - the communal washers are waaaaaaay across the complex, so it sucks. I'm planning to handwash, but I'm scared to put Evey Bean in cloth diapers in case she poos in them :shrug::haha::rofl:

Anyway, so I started getting carriers - I bought a wrap a while ago for $11, swapped a lady some jewellery for a Mei Tai (which I LOVE) and I just swapped a Sock Monkey (made it, so theoretically it cost me $0.58 ($1.75 pack of 3 pairs of socks)) for a sling....And....this is the biggun and I'm so freakin' excited - I swapped the necklace that I got with my engagement ring & some blocks we got at Walmart (Evelyn lost interest after I took them out of the box :rofl:) for an ERGO!! :yipee:

Well now that I'm thinking I might start cloth diapering and handwashing, I'm trying to swap out all my boyish/GN diapers for some girly ones (I tried putting a prefold on as I bought a ton of wraps to go over prefolds as our main diapering system and the prefolds don't fit E anymore, so...omg, it was a nightmare)... So I could either be very poor, or have nothing left in the house because I've swapped it all for carriers & diapers...Oh dear!

But hey, there are worse obsessions!! :lol:

Who knew all this carrying/cloth diapering malarky could be so much fun!! :lol::happydance:

I have a Moby wrap, a Connecta, mei tai and a Storchenwiege wrap.

I love them all :happydance:

Aww i LOVE your profile pic Evie looks so happy n snug <3 Man I totally got into the babywearing thing late we used a bjorn at first and bought a maya tie (from maya wrap but mai tei style straps) when g was 10 months and i *love* it, I think if I had loads of money Id def get more!!! I totally regret not having a moby wrap when lo was wee, i think he would of loved it.

Oh and the ergo - what a bargain - I have 3 friends who have them and say they are awesome, if you have a photo of E in it pls share!

Ahhh me too! Started off with a Sleepy Wrap, then borrowed a BabyBjorn, then bought a Tettitett, a cheapy eBay Mei Tai, a Simply Mei Tai, a Linuschka wrap, Mille Kapok, and a Kindercarry. Ooops, it's getting expensive! Sounds like you've got some great bargains though...I'd like to try an Ergo at some point too :) Just trying to learn how to wrap with a woven at the moment, I'm hopeless :(

I've had a calin bleu wrap, baby bjorn active, bushbaby cocoon, snuggly slings mei tai, made my own wrap around (£5 for material!) and now I have a macpack rucksack and an ERGO!!

I could never afford to have complete obsessions so buy sell buy sell etc........... I did this with prams and nappies too lol!!!!

i LOVE my ergo, tom is 1 so is mainly on my back but my friend introduced me to the hip carry which i now love too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->